Just a bite of these cake pops and it will immediately bring a smile to your face. Sweet cake pops are a perfect small-sized dessert for any occasion. The kids love them for sure, but the grown-ups savor them too.
Have you ever tried cake pops from Starbucks Cake? They are quite the rage, and why not? Cake pops that have crunchy tops and moist cake balls inside are a must-have treat. I absolutely love having these with my coffee.
All being said, there is nothing new in these cake pops. Any baker can make them. So I have brought these cake pops recipes for you so that you don’t have to burn a hole in your pocket next time you want to eat them. I make them for me and my family whenever we crave it.
I had previously posted a cake pops recipe, which was made using chocolate cake and dark chocolate ganache dipped in colored white chocolate. This cake pop recipe is a Starbucks Copycat, where we will be using a vanilla sponge and white chocolate ganache. The top coating would be made of white chocolate and pink chocolate. They taste the same as the Starbucks ones, and now you can make them at home!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Delicious: If you are a fan of vanilla flavor, then you will love these cake pops. Even with the simplest of ingredients, they taste so delicious.
- Pocket Friendly: We all know how expensive Starbucks Café is. Any item on their menu seems far too expensive than it should be. While sometimes eating in the café is fine, you don’t need to spend so much every time you want to eat cake pops. Making them at home is much more money-saving than buying from the Café.
- Easy to make: Cake pops can have a few pressure points, which you need to take care of while making them. Following this recipe will give you the best results every time you make them. The process is easy to follow.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Vanilla Cake: The cake crumbs in the recipe are made using a pre-made vanilla sponge. You can use any leftover vanilla cake sponge you have stored or bake a fresh one. You can check my Vanilla cake recipe from Eggless Pineapple Cake Recipe for making an eggless vanilla sponge.
- White chocolate Ganache: I’m using white chocolate for the ganache and for coating the pops. The best would be to use couverture white chocolate so that the desserts are top-notch. But for cost-saving purposes, I have used compound chocolate only.
- Powdered color: For the best results, I have used powdered color to make white and pink colored chocolate for dipping. Powdered colors are much more pigmented and mix well in the chocolate.
How To Make Starbucks Cake Pops
Preparation: Collect and weigh all ingredients required to make cake pops. Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicone mat.
Method For White Chocolate Ganache
Melt Chocolate: Take chopped compound chocolate and melt it in the microwave.
Warm Cream: In another bowl, take cream and warm it in the microwave.
Make Ganache: Now add warm cream to the melted chocolate and mix until a smooth ganache is formed.
Method For Cake Pops
Make Cake Mixture: In a bowl, take vanilla cake crumbs. The crumbs should not be too fine, just roughly crumbled. Add white chocolate ganache to it and mix. You can combine using your hands, so make sure to wear gloves for hygiene purposes.
Make Balls: Take cake pop mixture and weigh 40 g. Roll the mixture in your hands to make a ball. Repeat the same for the remaining mixture. Place the balls in a lined baking tray.
Insert Sticks: Before inserting the stick, dip one end of the stick into melted white chocolate so that the stick gets perfectly fixed into the cake pop. Now insert cake pop sticks (same as lollipop sticks) right at the center of the cake ball.
Freeze: Put the cake pops in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. This will make the cake pops set properly before coating them in chocolate.
Add Color To White Chocolate: Melt 200 g of compound white chocolate and divide it equally into two bowls. Add white powder color in one bowl and pink powder color in the other. Mix them well until the powder gets dissolved and mixed thoroughly.
Dip The Cake Pops: Hold the cake pops upside down and dip some cake pops in melted white chocolate. Make sure the entire ball gets dipped into the chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off and set it.
Dip the remaining cake pops into the pink-colored chocolate. Again, let the excess drip off and let them set completely.
Garnish: Sprinkle some mini white pearl sprinkles on the top coat and let the cake pops set completely.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Tip For Melting Chocolate
White chocolate can get burnt easily. While melting it in the microwave, make sure to stir it regularly.
Tip For Coating
If the single coating seems too thin, you can dip it again to give a thick layer. Let the first coating set properly, and then dip it again.
Sprinkle the pearls when the chocolate coating is semi-set. If the chocolate sets completely, the pearls won’t stick to it.
How To Store Starbucks Cake Pops
Cover the cake pops with either aluminum wraps or plastic film to avoid moisture and dust contact.
These cake pops must be stored in the refrigerator and consumed in 3-4 days.
More Easy Recipes
Enjoy making these delicious desserts for your loved ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
The main reason for cake pops to have cracks is the difference in temperature between the cake pops and chocolate. If the cake pops are too cold and the melted chocolate is too warm, the difference in this temperature will lead to the cracking of the pops when they are set. So, ensure that chocolate isn’t too warm and pops aren’t kept for too long in the fridge.
While assembling the pops, I have mentioned where you need to dip one end of your stick into chocolate and then insert that end almost 3/4th level of the pops. When that chocolate sets, it keeps the stick in place.
For Cake Balls
- 150 g Cake crumbs
- 50 g White chocolate
- 50 g Fresh cream
- 200 g White coverture
- 4 g Pink powder color
- 4 g White powder color
- Small White Pearl sprinklers
For Cake Balls
- Melt chocolate and heat fresh cream in a microwave.
- Add warm cream to the melted chocolate to make a smooth ganache.
- Add this ganache to the cake crumbs and mix properly. The cake should stick together when a ball is made. Keep aside.
- In two separate bowls, melt 100 g of the white chocolate.
- In one bowl, add white powder and mix properly.
- In another bowl, add a pink color and mix properly.
- Take the cake pop mixture and scoop 40 g from it. Make a ball and keep it aside. Repeat the same for the rest of the mixture.
- Dip one end of a cake pop stick in melted chocolate and insert the stick into the cake pop balls.
- When all the sticks have been inserted, freeze the pops for 10-15 minutes.
- After freezing, dip half of the cake pops into the white-colored chocolate and half into the pink one.
- Drip off the excess chocolate and sprinkle white pearls on it. Let the chocolate set completely.
Enjoy your homemade Starbucks Cake Pops!
- Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Freeze Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes