The best-ever vanilla buttercream frosting is here!! Yes, you read that right. It’s creamy, smooth, buttery, and so delectable. The best part is you can pair it with almost anything you want!
We all want that one basic vanilla frosting recipe in our hands that we can use any time and with anything! This one is just that.
Vanilla frosting is something so essential that you can not go wrong with that. It needs to please everyone as it’s the safest flavour one can use. For that reason, we end up playing too safe and use non-dairy whipped cream almost all the time. But trust me, once you taste this vanilla frosting, there’s no turning back.
It’s different from regular American buttercream, which tends to be heavy and dense. Using whipping cream with butter makes the most creamy, smooth and fluffy frosting-you get the best of both worlds!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- The Texture: Since we want to use something other than whipped cream for vanilla flavour, this frosting makes for the best upgrade. The frosting is made using unsalted butter and whipping cream being beaten together to get a unique creamy and fluffy texture. It’s smooth and perfect for spreading as well as piping.
- It’s Customizable: We all know vanilla flavour is the base for any other flavours. This frosting is easily customizable; by adding any essence, you can turn it into your favourite frosting. You can even add any puree to add the flavour.
- Versatile: Of course, the vanilla flavour can be paired with almost any dessert you like. Thus this recipe should be at your fingertips to use anytime you want with any dessert.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Unsalted Butter: Use softened unsalted butter for the frosting. By softened, I mean that you should be able to press it. If the butter is too cold or too warm, the consistency of the frosting won’t be as good as we want it to be.
- Whipping Cream: Using non-dairy whipping cream is the secret to making this frosting the most delicious. The addition of the whipping cream with creamed unsalted butter makes the frosting velvety and airy, making it lighter than regular buttercream and heavier than plain non-dairy whipped cream.
- Icing Sugar: Make sure to use market-bought sifted icing sugar for the frosting. Since we are mixing the sugar with whipping cream, it gets dissolved well and doesn’t give the gritty texture in the frosting.
- Vanilla essence: Good quality vanilla essence is crucial to getting the right flavour. Avoid too watery or diluted essence. I prefer using either oil-based essence or a better extract can be used.
- Salt: A pinch of salt can do wonders in your tasting experience. It just elevates the whole flavour composition and gives you the best outcome.
How To Make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Preparation: Collect all the ingredients needed for the recipe. Check the recipe card below for the exact ingredients and their quantities.
Creaming: Begin to cream the softened unsalted butter using an electric hand beater at medium speed. Cream until the butter is pale, light and fluffy. This could take a few minutes.
Mix Icing Sugar-Whipping Cream: Mix sifted icing sugar and whipping cream in a separate bowl using a spatula. Mix till the sugar gets dissolved thoroughly.
Add Cream to Butter: Gradually, start adding the whipping cream-icing sugar mixture into the creamed butter while continuously beating with the hand beater. Continue beating until you add all the cream.
Add Vanilla Essence and Salt: Finally, add the flavour i.e., vanilla essence along with salt and give it a final mix.
Look how fluffy the buttercream has turned out to be!!
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Use Room Temperature Ingredients
It is important to understand that the ingredients must be at room temperature whenever you make this frosting. This will ensure that you end up getting the right consistency of the frosting.
Experiment with Flavours
You can add any essence in place of vanilla essence to make different flavours. Also, you can use icing gel colours to create beautiful vibrant frosting.
How To Store Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
I prefer making and using the frosting immediately when needed. If you are making it ahead of time or have leftover frosting, store it in the refrigerator and use it within three days.
More Easy Recipes
Check our must-try frosting recipes:
Want to pair this vanilla frosting with other desserts? Try our recipes-
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, absolutely. You can replace the non-dairy cream with dairy whipping cream. However, since dairy cream is unsweetened, you will have to add additional icing sugar to balance the flavour.
Although it is recommended to use the frosting immediately but indeed you can store it in the freezer for up to two months. To use it later, first thaw the frosting in the refrigerator, then at room temperature and beat it to smoothen it out.
- 150g Unsalted Butter
- 50g Icing Sugar
- 70g Non-Dairy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- In a big mixing bowl, beat room temperature softened unsalted butter with an electric hand beater at medium speed. Beat it until it’s pale and fluffy.
- Mix sifted icing sugar and whipping cream in a different bowl until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now, gradually add this mixture to the creamed butter while beating it continuously.
- Lastly, add vanilla essence along with some salt and beat until all the ingredients are properly incorporated.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes