Are you a fan of vanilla flavour? Then you’ll love my white chocolate buttercream recipe with melted white chocolate and vanilla bean paste to make up for the best vanilla frosting!
The texture of the buttercream is silky and smooth, effortless to pipe or spread.
People loved our chocolate buttercream recipe, and we’ve had quite a few requests for the recipe of white chocolate buttercream too.
Now, white chocolate can be tricky to work with as it’s pretty sweet, and it may be challenging to manage the sweetness of the buttercream. Generally, bakers use a 1:1 ratio of butter and icing sugar which is a lot sweeter than what we like; and then add melted white chocolate to it. This makes it all the sweeter. So, in my recipe, I have tried to cut down this sweetness to our liking.
White Chocolate Buttercream Recipe Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Versatile: The white chocolate buttercream is quite versatile as you can use any other essence apart from vanilla and gel colour as well to make different flavoured buttercreams such as strawberry, blueberry, raspberry etc.
- Usage: You can use this buttercream as a filling and frosting for desserts like cakes, cupcakes, macarons, and pastries. It’s stable for multiple uses.
- Texture: The texture is definitely the plus point here. It does not have that usual grittiness you generally get in an American Buttercream. Since the sugar gets dissolved in milk first, almost no grains are left in the buttercream.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Unsalted Butter: you must use the correct type of butter at the correct consistency. Using unsalted butter at the soft stage will ensure the best outcome.
- White chocolate: working with white chocolate can be a bit complicated. It can burn fast if heated for a long duration. Make sure while melting, keep the chocolate for 20-30 second blasts in the microwave and stir in between.
- Salt: a pinch of salt can do wonders in a recipe. It helps enhance the flavour you want to stand out.
- Vanilla Bean Paste: It is the purest extract of vanilla flavour. It’s very thick and concentrated. If you do not have vanilla bean paste, you can use essence but more than paste quantity.
How To Make White Chocolate Buttercream
Preparation: Gather all ingredients and the equipment required for the recipe.
- Mix Milk and Sugar: In a bowl, mix milk and icing sugar. Combine until all the sugar dissolves.
- Beat Butter: In a different bowl, start beating unsalted butter until its light, pale and fluffy.
- Add Milk-Sugar Mixture: Once the butter has been beaten enough, gradually add the milk-sugar mixture while continuously beating. Beat until the milk is combined well into the butter.
- Add Flavour: Lastly, add vanilla bean paste and salt and give it a final mix.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Tip for Butter
Use only softened unsalted butter. By soft, we mean that you can press the butter, and it makes an impression. Do not use cold/ hard butter or too soft butter.
Tip for Chocolate
Melt the chocolate carefully. You can either use the microwave or double boiler to melt. If using the double boiler method, ensure the steam does not reach the chocolate. Use slightly warm chocolate when adding it to the buttercream. If it’s too hot, the butter will melt. If the chocolate is cool, then it will seize into small grains when added.
How To Store White Chocolate Buttercream
The buttercream can be used for up to 7 days when kept in the refrigerator in an airtight box.
More Easy Recipes
Look out for other delicious frosting recipes on my blog:
Frequently Asked Questions
There can be a couple of reasons for this. If the butter is too cold, it won’t beat well, and the sugar will not dissolve.
Before mixing icing sugar into the milk, make sure to sieve it. Also, mix it until it dissolves completely in the milk.
If you are left with unused buttercream, you can store it in an airtight box in the fridge and use it for up to a week.
Absolutely yes! Being white in colour, you can add any gel colour of your choice to this buttercream.
Yes! If you wish to add other flavours besides vanilla, you can use oil-based essence for the required taste. The common flavour pairings that go well with white chocolate buttercream are mint, pistachio, strawberry, and Blueberry.
Beating buttercream for a long can lead to the incorporation of air bubbles in it.
White Chocolate Buttercream Recipe
White chocolate buttercream: Delicious, classic and velvety buttercream that will be perfect to pair with any dessert.
- Total Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 100g White Chocolate
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 50g Icing Sugar
- 20ml Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- Pinch of Salt
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix milk and icing sugar. Make sure the sugar dissolves in the milk.
- Now, in a new bowl, beat unsalted butter till it is light n fluffy.
- Add milk and icing sugar mixture while gradually beating butter.
- Add in the vanilla bean paste and salt in it. Give it a mix.
- Finally, add melted white chocolate and give this a final mix.
- Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes