Why buy a granola bar you crave from a store when you can make one at home?! Yes, make your favourite nutty, chewy, and delicious granola bar easily at the comfort of your home in no time!!
Ever since I was a kid, I gobbled on the granola bars that were available in the market. I loved their chewy texture and how many nuts they were loaded with.
But as I grew up and became a baker, I thought, why should I purchase these products from the market when I can make them myself at home, Especially a dessert like a granola bar which can be made with ingredients readily available at home?
There are numerous versions of a granola bar with different nuts and binding agents. For example, you may find peanut butter in some bars, honey, just butter, or a combination of the two. It all depends on the flavor you want.
Today, I will provide you with a simple, easy, quick, and incredibly delicious recipe. So let’s check it out!
Granola Bars Recipe Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Easy and Simple Recipe: The recipe is such that even a non-baker can make it. All you have to do is mix the ingredients, bake for 10 minutes, and then freeze. That’s it. Once it’s set, you can slice them up and enjoy eating!
- Flavoursome: The flavor of the bars is amazing. It contains ingredients like desiccated coconut, almond flour, sesame seeds, variety of but and dried fruits. There’s no one who wouldn’t eat this bar.
- It’s Versatile: A recipe that can be tweaked as per your preferences. You can always switch, add more or omit any nuts and dried fruits as per your liking and preference. So customize it the way you want. That’s what I love in a recipe.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Butter: Butter is one of the binding ingredients in the recipe. Besides that, it also provides a nice buttery flavor to the bar.
- Honey: Since it’s a granola bar, refined sugar is not used in the recipe as it’s meant to be healthy. So to provide appropriate sweetness, honey is used. Also, honey acts as the primary binding agent.
- Rolled oats: Oats provide a great texture to granola bars. They provide a nice chewy texture as opposed to the crunchiness of the nuts.
- Sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, chis seeds: keeping in mind how healthy and nutritious granola bars can be, I have added a few healthy seeds as well, along with the nuts. These seeds add an amazing flavor to the bar.
- Desiccated coconut, Almond Flour: both of these ingredients have their unique flavor and texture, which is also a plus point in this recipe. Not many recipes available online will use these ingredients.
How To Make Granola Bars
Preparation: There are many different ingredients used in the recipe. It’s better to gather them up first before starting to make the recipe. Also, prepare a 6-inch square ring by cling-wrapping it twice from the bottom. Preheat the oven to 170C(OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan).
Honey and Butter: Start by mixing honey and soft butter in a mixing bowl. Make sure the butter and honey have combined.
Add all remaining ingredients: Once the honey-butter mixture is ready, start adding all the nuts, seeds, dried fruits, chocolate chunks, shredded coconut, almond flour, etc., that are needed in the recipe. Mix them all up and ensure that every ingredient gets coated well with the butter and honey mixture.
Bake: Transfer the batter to the prepared ring. Spread it evenly using a spatula. Bake it in a preheated oven at 170C(OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 10-15 minutes.
Freeze: After baking and cooling down, keep the bar in the freezer for at least an hour.
Garnish and serve: Once the bar has set, demould it and cut it into six even portions. Garnish the bars with some melted chocolate and serve.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
You can experiment with the flavor if you’d like. Try using peanut butter instead of salted butter ( or you can take 50-50 of each). The peanut butter will provide a different flavor to it.
Do Not Overbake
Avoid overbaking as that would make the granola hard and can even taste burnt in some places.
How To Store Granola Bars
Once the bars are ready, keep them in an airtight box in the refrigerator. They can stay good for a week. If you want, you can also freeze them for two months.
More Easy Recipes
If you like making easy and quick recipes, then try the following recipes out-
Frequently Asked Questions
As discussed before, there are different binding agents for various recipes. However, honey is the best bonding agent, so always include honey if you are trying your own version of granola bars.
Homemade granola bars are definitely healthy as they do not contain added sugar or preservatives like the market ones.
- 75g Whole Almonds
- 50g Rolled Oats
- 20g White Sesame Seeds
- 10g Shredded Coconut
- 40g Cranberries
- 40g Chopped Chocolate
- 20g Almond Flakes
- 20g Almond Flour
- 15g Chia Seeds
- 20g Pumpkin Seeds
- 50g Chopped Apricots
- 30g Cashews
- 1/8tsp Salt
- 100g Honey
- 30g Soft Butter
- Prepare a 6-inch square ring by cling-wrapping it twice from the bottom. Preheat the oven to 170C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod+ fan).
- Now, in a bowl, mix honey and soft butter.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to this mixture and mix until all the dry fruits get coated with the honey-butter mixture.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared square ring and bake it at 170C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod+ fan) for 10-15 minutes.
- Once baked and slightly cooled, freeze the granola bar for at least an hour.
- After the granola has been set, demould it and cut it into six even portions.
- Lastly, drizzle some melted chocolate on top to garnish.