Who could say no to a melt-in-the-mouth ultra-chocolatey dessert? I suppose no one! Especially if that dessert is the classic Fantasy Fudge bar! Yes, silky, smooth full of nuts and marshmallows is the ultimate chocolate dessert.
Fudge always reminds me of winter. It’s a tradition to make fudge bars during the Christmas holidays, enjoying every bit of it. But why restrict yourself to making them only during Christmas? They are absolutely delicious and so quick to make that you can make them any day and any time of the year.
This is a fantastic recipe made with fine Belgian dark chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, butter, nuts, and fluffy marshmallows!
Fantasy Fudge Recipe Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
We all love a decadent chocolatey fudge and this recipe is just perfect!
- Delectable: Definitely, the taste matters a lot. Many recipes use compound chocolate, but the flavour is ultimately compromised. And making the fudge using Belgian chocolate is what makes the difference.
- Texture: as simple as it sounds, getting the right consistency of the fudge can be a bit of a struggle. Sometimes it doesn’t set, and other times it’s too hard. But this recipe will give that perfect, smooth, melt-in-the-mouth texture of the fudge.
- Loved by Everyone: Kids or adults, fudge is a dessert loved by all. It has the goodness of nuts like almonds and walnuts and the fun of marshmallows—definitely a crowd-pleaser.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Condensed milk: Along with providing sweetness to the fudge, it also helps get the smooth texture we need. Cooking the condensed milk gives a toffee-like taste as well as consistency.
- Dark Couverture Chocolate: I have used 46.5% dark chocolate by Van Houten. It’s neither too dark nor too sweet, perfect for everyone. If you like a more dense and dark chocolate flavour, you may use 54.5% dark chocolate as well in the same ratio.
- Various add-ons: Almonds, walnuts, cranberries and marshmallows provide a great mix of crunch to the otherwise smooth fudge. These different nuts complement the dessert well.
How To Make Fantasy Fudge
- Preparation: Gather all ingredients required for the recipe. Also, prepare a 6-inch square ring y cling-wrapping it twice from the bottom and placing butter paper inside.
- Heat Butter and condensed milk: Take a saucepan and put butter, vanilla essence and condensed milk in it. Start heating it until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat when it has boiled.
- Mix Chocolate: Chop the chocolate and add it to the boiled butter-condensed milk mixture. Mix it until the entire chocolate dissolves.
- Add Marshmallow Crème/fluff: It’s time to add the fluffy marshmallow crème to the fudge mixture. Mix it well.
Add nuts: Once the chocolate has melted, add in the Chopped almonds, walnuts, cranberries and mini marshmallows.
- Freeze: Transfer the fudge into the prepared ring. Add some more Chopped almonds and Walnuts on top for garnish. Freeze the fudge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Serve: Now that the fudge is set, demould it from the ring with the help of a heat gun or blow dryer. Cut the fudge into 9 equal squares.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Tip for Chocolate
Chop the chocolate into small pieces so that it quickly melts into the mixture. If big chunks are there, they won’t dissolve completely.
Tip for demolding
When using a heat gun or blow dry, do not use it for too long or too close to the fudge. The heat may melt it more than needed. Only heat the sides of the ring so that you can slide it off.
How To Store Fantasy Fudge
The fudge can stay good for up to 3-4 weeks when kept in the refrigerator in an airtight box.
More Easy Recipes
Looking for more chocolate recipe? Check out my other delicious chocolate desserts:
Frequently Asked Questions
If you stir the fudge too much, the sugar molecules get stuck together, forming seed crystals. When you have many seed crystals form, the fudge becomes grainy.
You will have to melt the fudge again in a double boiler with some water. Once the fudge is completely melted, transfer it back into the mould and set it in the freezer.
If the mixture is too hot, it may remain soft even after setting in the fridge. Ensure the mixture is not too hot while boiling the butter and condensed milk.
Decadent Fantasy Fudge Recipe
Fantasy fudge: Mouth-watering Chocolate Bars with delicious nuts and marshmallows, it’s the best party dessert!
- Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 9 pieces 1x
- 300g Dark Couverture Chocolate
- 180g Butter
- 100g Condensed Milk
- 50g Chopped Walnuts
- 40g Chopped Almonds
- 50g Marshmallow Fluff/Crème
- 50g Mini Marshmallows
- 20g Cranberries
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Prepare a 6-inch square ring by cling-wrapping it twice and placing butter paper at the bottom.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, then add condensed milk and let it come to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add chopped chocolate and mix until it’s all melted.
- Now fold in marshmallow fluff, then add chopped walnuts, almonds, and cranberries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ring. Sprinkle some chopped almonds and walnuts on top for garnish. Keep it in the freezer for 2-3 hours to set.
- Now demold the ring using a heat gun and cut the fudge into 9 equal pieces.
Your delicious dark chocolate fudge is ready to be served!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Freezing Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes