This recipe was originally created by and featured on Truffle Nation.
They are soft, gooey, and everything a chocolate marshmallow cookie should be! If you are in for a treat, you must try this unique recipe, which is super easy to make and loaded with flavors!
When I hear marshmallows, winter is all I can think about! Especially hot chocolate (*yumm*).
Why not make a cookie from chocolate and marshmallow? Cookies with marshmallows oozing out when eaten with double the chocolate flavor, doesn’t it sound exciting? I would rush to make these!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Soft and Fudgy: The fact that marshmallows and chocolate chunks are embedded in the cookie makes it irresistible. The texture of the cookie is so soft and fudgy that you’ll love eating it every day.
- Double Chocolate: The cookies have a double chocolate flavor. You ask how? It has Dutch cocoa powder and dark chocolate chunks, giving it the most chocolatey flavor ever.
- Kid’s Favorite: I can vouch that this cookie will become a hit amongst everyone, especially kids. Children love marshmallows, so they will definitely love eating these particular cookies.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Mini marshmallows: I tried using mini and half-cut big marshmallows but found that mini ones give the best result.
- Dutch cocoa powder, being alkalized, has a more intense chocolate flavor than natural ones.
- Egg: Egg helps add moisture and aeration to the cookies, making them soft and gooey.
- Dark chocolate: I have added chopped dark couverture chocolate twice in the cookies. Once folded in the dough and later placed on top. This will give an immense chocolatey experience.
How To Make Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- Do the prep: collect all the ingredients required for the recipe. Preheat the oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicone mat.
- Creaming: Beat butter, castor, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Wet Ingredients: Add the egg and vanilla essence to the creamed butter mixture. Mix well.
- Dry ingredients: Sieve dry ingredients, i.e., flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Add them to the creamed mixture and combine to form a dough. Also, add chopped dark chocolate (a) to the dough.
- Marshmallows: now shape the cookies by making balls from the dough weighing 80g each. Press them a little and put a few mini marshmallows. Wrap the dough and rolls so that the marshmallows are fully covered.
- Garnish: place all the marshmallow-filled cookies onto the lined baking tray. Place some more marshmallows and Chopped dark chocolate on top to garnish.
- Freeze: Allow the cookies to freeze by placing the tray into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake: Finally, bake the cookies at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 15-18 minutes.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Ensure that the marshmallows are sealed inside the dough properly. This will make the gooey filling once baked.
You may use dark compound chocolate in place of couverture if you’d like.
Do not overbake the cookies. They are meant to be soft, chewy, and fudgy. Overbaking will ruin the texture needed.
How To Store Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Store the baked cookies in an airtight box at room temperature for up to a week.
If you have extra cookie dough, you can cling-wrap it and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
More Easy Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
Are S’mores and chocolate marshmallow cookies the same?
No, S’mores are a classic dessert with marshmallows sandwiched between two Graham crackers. The inspiration for marshmallow-filled cookies came from S’mores only.
This recipe was originally posted on Truffle Nation.Print
- 195g All-Purpose Flour
- 37g Dutch Cocoa Powder
- ½+ ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ + 1/8 tsp Salt
- 30g Egg
- 112g Unsalted Butter
- 72g Brown Sugar
- 67g Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 35g Mini marshmallows(a)
- 38g Chopped dark couverture(a)
- Mini marshmallows(b) as required
- Chopped dark couverture(b) as required
- Preheat the oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicone mat.
- In a bowl, cream butter and both the sugars till its pale and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla essence. Give it a good mix.
- Sieve in dry ingredients, i.e., flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Combine well.
- Now fold in the chopped chocolate (a) and mix to form a dough.
- Now, take dough weighing 80g and make a ball. Flatten a little, place marshmallows inside the cookie, then wrap the cookie dough around the marshmallows so that it’s fully covered.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the dough. Place the cookies on a lined baking tray.
- Garnish the cookies with marshmallows and chopped dark couverture on top randomly.
- Put the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes. Then bake them at 180c (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 15-18 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 to 18 minutes