They are buttery, soft, and utterly delicious. These Cream Cheese Pecan Cookies are going to be on your list of favourites once you try them.
Previously, I had posted chocolate chip pecan cookies and blueberry cheesecake cookies. But this time around, I wanted to give the best of both pecans and cream cheese in one cookie. A little bit tangy, a little bit sweet and loaded with crunchy pecans, these cream cheese cookies are to die for.
The best part is the dough can be made into a log and stored in the freezer. So, all you got to do is, slice the cookies up from the log and simply bake them. So easy and convenient, right? So why wait any longer? Let’s go ahead and bake these cookies, but right before, let me make you understand what goes into making this cookie.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Loaded with Pecans: I love pecan nuts. They are rich and delicious. Adding them to various desserts is always a plus for me. These cookies are loaded with pecans, having them folded inside the dough as well as rolled on the sides of each cookie. They add the perfect crunch and nutty flavour to these cookies.
- Unique Flavour: The addition of cream cheese really makes a significant difference to the taste of the cookie. It adds a slight tangy twist to the regular sweet butter cookies. It’s a pleasant surprise which you will all love!
- Soft And Crunchy: The texture of the cookie is interesting and enjoyable. Since they are butter cookies, they have got a snap to it. Yet, they are slightly tender due to the cream cheese. The additional crunchiness comes from the pecans.
- They are Eggless: it’s rare to find delicious new recipes for desserts that are eggless. The cookies do not have any eggs, making them all the more special.
- Perfect Holiday Cookie: If you are searching for some new cookie recipes for the Christmas holiday season, then this cookie is a must. They are simply perfect for the occasion, and I’m sure your loved ones will enjoy them.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Cream Cheese: Using good quality, branded cream cheese is crucial here. Certain cream cheeses release too much water or are curdle-y in nature. Do not use them, as that would make your cookie dough quite sticky.
- Unsalted Butter: I’m using unsalted butter here because this helps me control the salt quantity going into the cookies. The cookies will be too salty with salted butter even if I remove the additional salt from the recipe. Cream cheese also has a bit of salt in it.
- Pecans: Use good quality crunchy pecans for the recipe. If the pecans are not crunchy, the final outcome of the cookies will not be the same.
- Vanilla Essence: It’s a great flavour to uplift and bring out the best this cookie has to offer. I prefer to use oil-based essence or extract if possible.
How To Make Cream Cheese Pecan Cookies
Preparation: Put your oven to preheat at 180C(OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, collect all the ingredients needed for the recipe. Also, line a baking tray with a silicone mat or butter paper.
Creaming: Start beating softened Unsalted butter and cream cheese together in a large mixing bowl using a spatula. Both should get soft and combined well.
Add Sugar: Add both castor and brown sugar to the beaten fats and continue creaming. Cream until the mixture becomes light, pale and fluffy.
Add Vanilla Essence: Now, add vanilla essence to the butter-sugar mixture and give it a stir.
Add Dry Ingredients: Sieve the dry ingredients, which are flour and salt. Add them to the above mixture and mix everything well. A smooth dough must be formed.
Add Pecans: The last step to make the dough is to add the Chopped pecans. Fold them in and mix well.
Shaping and Freezing: Take the dough and shape it into a log. Use a piece of butter paper to roll and wrap the log in it. Put this log-shaped dough in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Slice and Garnish: take the dough out of the freezer and cut slices of 5mm thickness using a sharp knife. Roll the sides of the cookie into Chopped pecans to coat them.
Bake: Place the cookies on the lined baking tray and bake them at 180C(OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 12-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
You may use walnuts in place of pecans in the same ratio and same manner. Walnut is a great alternative to pecans if they are unavailable.
Make sure the log shape is as cylindrical as possible. Use an excellent sharp nude to get clean slices. You may even use a metal scraper to slice.
How To Store Cream Cheese Pecan Cookies
Store cooled cookies in an airtight jar for up to 4-5 days at room temperature.
Store the cookie dough in the freezer cling-wrapped for up to two months.
More Easy Recipes
Try some more cookie recipes-Print
- 180g All-Purpose Flour
- 90g Unsalted Butter
- 80g Cream Cheese
- 80g Castor Sugar
- 20g Brown Sugar
- 80g Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- Extra Chopped Pecans For Garnish
- Put the oven to preheat at 180C(OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 15 minutes. Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or butter paper.
- Mix unsalted butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- Add the sugars and cream until we get a pale and fluffy mixture.
- Add in vanilla essence and give it a mix again.
- Now sieve the dry ingredients and mix to get a smooth dough.
- Then, fold the chopped pecans into the dough.
- Give the dough the shape of a log, then cover it with butter or parchment paper and keep it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Now, with a knife, cut 5mm thick slices from the log and coat the sides with pecans.
- Place them in a baking tray and bake them at 180C(OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 12-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes