These soft and chewy cookies are a great twist to the classic chocolate chip cookies. YES, your favourite cookies just got an upgrade. Along with chocolate chips, these cookies are also loaded with crunchy pecans.
I love having a chocolate-loaded cookie every day; who doesn’t? But have you ever wished to have something crunchy along with gooey chocolate? I always did, and adding pecans was my take on that.
Indeed, you can always swap pecans with walnuts as they have similar taste and texture, but I prefer pecans and recommend you to try this recipe once. The contrast of nuttiness from pecans and gooey chocolate is unmatchable. I’m sure you will love this twist.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies Recipe Tutorial
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- The Texture: I personally love soft and chewy cookies, which is exactly what these cookies are. They are big, chunky, gooey and crunchy. All these contrasting yet complementing textures are there in just one cookie.
- Pecans: Pecans are rarely used in Indian households. But you won’t go for any other nut once you taste them. They have a distinct buttery and sweet flavour which differentiates them from other nuts. It has a superior taste profile to walnuts.
- Hassle-free recipe: You don’t need fancy equipment or too many ingredients to make these cookies. All you need is your standard ingredients for a classic chocolate chip cookie with an additional ingredient of pecans.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Dark chocolate: I prefer using Belgian dark chocolate chips in my cookies. you can even chop the chocolate from a dark chocolate bar to get chunks if chips are unavailable.
- Pecans: the star ingredient of the recipe is Pecan. Use good quality and fresh pecans. Do taste them before purchasing; some pecans tend to have a more bitter taste. So buy the ones which are less bitter and sweeter.
- Castor and Brown Sugar: The perfect balance between the two sugar types makes all the difference in a cookie. Taking slightly more brown sugar gives a soft, chewy texture, yet you get crispy edges.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
The complete ingredient list, their quantities and recipe method are mentioned below in the recipe card.
Preparation: start by collecting all ingredients needed for the recipe in different bowls. Preheat your oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicon mat.
Creaming: Take a bowl, add butter, castor and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugar until the mixture becomes fluffy and pale.
Wet Ingredients: Add eggs and vanilla essence to the creamed butter and mix properly. Ensure that the egg is mixed in thoroughly.
Dry Ingredients: It’s time to add the dry ingredients, which are flour, baking powder and salt. Sieve these ingredients directly over the mixture and combine.
Add Pecans and Chocolate: The last step is to add the Chopped pecans and chocolate chips. Make sure to combine the entire dough well.
Shaping: Now that the dough is ready, it’s time we shape our cookies. Take 80g of dough and make a ball out of it. Place the ball on a lined baking tray and press it a little. Do the same with the remaining dough.
Garnish: Add some more chopped pecans and dark chocolate chips on top as garnish.
Freezing: Freeze the cookie dough for just about 15-20 minutes in the freezer. This will help us get a better shape and texture of the cookie after baking.
Bake: Place the chilled cookies for baking at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 15-18 minutes. The edges of the cookies will turn slightly golden brown.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
The recipe is simple, and you can easily replace pecans with any other nut that you like to pair with chocolate. Walnuts and almonds are suitable replacements.
Since the cookie is meant to be soft and chewy, ensure you do not overbake them. Overbaking the cookie will make them more crispy than needed, and you won’t have the soft centre.
How To Store Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Like always, store the cookies in an airtight container once they have completely cooled down. They will last for a week at room temperature.
There can be times when you have leftover dough, which you can store in the freezer cling-wrapped for two months.
More Easy Recipes
You will love our other cookie recipes. Check these delicious recipes:Print
- 225g All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 + 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 30g Egg
- 112g Butter
- 60g Brown Sugar
- 55g Castor Sugar
- 40g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 40g Chopped Pecans
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Dark chocolate chips as required (for decoration)
- Chopped pecans as required (for decoration)
- In a bowl, cream butter and both sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Once creaming is done, add eggs and vanilla essence. Mix it thoroughly.
- Now sieve the dry ingredients-flour, baking powder and salt directly over the above mixture. Combine well.
- Finally, fold in the chopped pecans and dark chocolate chips.
- To shape the cookies, make balls of dough weighing 80g each.
- Place them on a lined baking tray and flatten them slightly from the top.
- Place pecans and chocolate chips on top for garnish. Put the tray in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Bake these scrumptious cookies at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod+ lower rod+ fan) for 15-18 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 to 18 minutes