Banana Blueberry Smoothie is my answer to a perfect healthy treat that is not just filling but delicious too. And the best part is that it only requires five ingredients.
As much as I love baking and eating desserts, I try to consume more healthy products. Fruits like bananas and blueberries have great benefits, and making a smoothie using them would be one of the best nutritional drink ideas for kids and adults.
Since it’s supposed to be a healthy treat, I’ll be using honey as the sweetener instead of sugar. Milk and yogurt are the other two dairy products going into the smoothie. The texture is thick and creamy, just like any other smoothie.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- It’s Nutritional: all the ingredients used in the recipe have essential health benefits. Bananas are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants. Yogurt is rich in protein. Milk is rich in calcium and vitamin – D. And honey is an excellent substitute for a natural sweetener.
- Quick To Make: The recipe is so simple and quick that you’d wanna make it every day. Trust me, all you have to do is blend these five ingredients together until smooth, and you are done. It’s that quick!!
- Keeps Your Stomach Full: the smoothie is rich in protein, fiber, and carbs with almost zero fat. This will tend to keep your stomach full for a long duration. Naturally, this smoothie works excellently as a breakfast or snack for anyone who is looking for healthy alternatives.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
The recipe has just five ingredients which make each of them quite important.
- Bananas: Rich in fiber and various minerals, Bananas are a great source of energy. Having banana in a smoothie helps you stay full and does not make you hungry soon. Freeze the banana for a while before using it for a smoothie. This way, the smoothie will be cold without using ice.
- Blueberry: Blueberries add a nice flavor and color to the smoothie. They have antioxidant properties and are considered in the superfoods category.
- Milk: Keeping the smoothie low on fat content, you can use toned /skimmed milk. Use cold milk for the best results.
- Yogurt: Giving a slightly creamy texture, yogurt is a great ingredient for smoothies. It’s also rich in protein. Again, you may use low-fat yogurt like Greek yogurt for the smoothie.
- Honey: Honey is one of the best natural sweeteners to use. It’s subtle in taste and has many health benefits.
How To Make Banana Blueberry Smoothie
- Preparation: Quickly gather all five ingredients required for the smoothie. Also, keep the blender handy with you.
- Make Smoothie: In a blender jar, add frozen banana, frozen blueberries, yogurt, milk, and honey. Blend these ingredients until you get a thick creamy consistency.
- Serve: Once the ingredients have blended, transfer the smoothie to a glass and serve chilled.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
You can use any other berry instead of blueberries in the same quantity. For example, use frozen strawberries or raspberries.
How To Store Smoothie
It is advisable to drink the smoothie once you have made it. Try not to store it for later. Still, if you have some leftovers, you can keep them in the refrigerator and consume them within 24 hours.
More Easy Recipes
If you are looking for quick healthy dishes, then try my other recipesPrint
- 1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 2 nos. Frozen Bananas
- 65g Yoghurt
- 40ml Milk
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- In a blender, add all the ingredients one by one.
- Blend them well until you get a creamy and thick smoothie-like texture.
- Pour the smoothie into the glasses and serve chilled.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 to 10 minutes