Crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside; this sounds like a perfect cookie, right? Yes, it is! I’m talking about simple and easy sugar cookies, but this time it’s Vegan!!
Do you also love the smell in the kitchen when you bake a fresh batch of cookies, just like me? I can bake cookies every day; they are warm and cosy and fill the aroma in the house with such sweetness.
I try to bring great recipes for my vegan bakers. Earlier, I posted some vegan cookies like Vegan Lemon Cookies and Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies, and now, after a short gap, I’m back with another vegan-friendly cookie recipe.
The cookies have perfect sugar, neither too sweet nor too plain. These I have paired with some delicious vegan chocolate and rainbow sprinkles to make them look extra cute.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Few Ingredients: Sugar cookies, in general, require staple ingredients that are always available in the kitchen. Similarly, with vegan sugar cookies, the ingredients required are very basic, and you can bake anytime and any day.
- Everyday Cookie: The best thing about sugar cookies is that you can have them daily. They are versatile, too, as they can sometimes be paired with icing or have just like that.
- Loved By All: I can vouch for the fact that these cookies will become everyone’s all-time favourite once you bake for them. The cookies will be gone in no time, be it kids or their parents and every grandparent.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Vegan Butter: I have used vegan butter for the recipe as butter provides much better flavour and texture as compared to margarine and shortening.
- Castor Sugar: The balance between crispy edges and chewy inside is provided by castor sugar. The cookies turn out to have the perfect texture and colour.
- Almond Milk: I prefer almond milk in most vegan recipes, but you can use any plant-based milk like soy milk.
- Vanilla Essence and Salt: No cookie is complete without these two ingredients. Since sugar cookies are basic, they tend to have vanilla essence as the base flavour. Adding salt naturally lifts the whole flavour composition.
- Corn Flour: Adding corn flour to cookies reduces overall gluten content, making the cookies a bit crispy or snappy.
- Vegan Chocolate: I have dipped these cookies in some vegan dark chocolate to give a nice twist. You can drizzle the chocolate as well if you need to dip it.
How To Make Dairy-Free Sugar Cookies
Preparation: Collect and weigh the ingredients required for the recipe. Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or butter paper. Preheat the oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan).
Creaming: Take vegan butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and start creaming the two till you get a nice fluffy and light-textured mixture.
Add Almond Milk and Vanilla Essence: Once the creaming is done, it is time to add the liquid ingredients, that is, almond milk and vanilla and essence. Mix them well to combine everything together.
Add Dry Ingredients: Finally, add the sifted dry ingredients – flour, corn flour and salt. Give it a thorough mix and make a smooth dough. You may use your hands to smooth it out.
Refrigerate: Wrap the dough in cling wrap and place it in the refrigerator for some time. This will help harden the butter and make it better shape.
Shaping: Roll the dough between two parchment papers until you get 1 mm thick. Yes! They are pretty thin. Once the fight is precisely rolled out, cut discs using a round cookie cutter of 6.5cm.
Bake: Place the cookies on the lined baking tray and bake them at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 8-10 minutes.
Garnish: Once the cookies have been thoroughly baked and cooled, dip them in some melted vegan chocolate and garnish them with rainbow sprinkles.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Mix Wet Ingredients Nicely.
Mix the almond milk and vanilla essence well into the butter. At first, it may not mix well as it’s fat and liquid; however, with continuous mixing, you should get a homogeneous mixture.
The sugar cookies are very versatile. You can dip them in chocolate like in this recipe, drizzle some on top, decorate the top with royal icing or have them plain.
How To Store Sugar Cookies
Plain or assembled cookies can be stored in an airtight box at room temperature for a week. You may also store it in the refrigerator if the room temperature is higher than 25C or it is very humid. Cookie Dough can be frozen for up to two months. Cling wrap it well and thaw before using.
More Easy Recipes
Check out some of our other amazing vegan dessertsPrint
- 100 g Vegan butter
- 100 g Castor sugar
- 20 g Almond milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 130 g All-purpose flour
- 20 g Cornflour
- Vegan chocolates, as required
- Rainbow sprinkles, as required
- Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or butter paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan).
- In a bowl, Cream vegan butter and sugar together till it gets light and fluffy.
- Next, add wet ingredients, almond milk and vanilla essence. Give it a nice mix to combine thoroughly.
- Sieve the dry ingredients, i.e., All-purpose flour, cornflour and salt. Add them to the above mixture and mix to make a smooth dough.
- Cling wrap and refrigerate the dough for some time.
- On parchment paper, roll the dough out to 1mm thickness and cut with a 6.5 cm round cookie cutter of 6.5cm diameter.
- Bake these cookies at 180°C, pre heating mode (upper rod + lower rod + fan), for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Melt some vegan chocolate and dip these cookies in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle some rainbow sprinkles on top.
- Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Assembly Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 to 12 minutes