Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies-the name itself is enough to generate curiosity among all the chocolate addicts!! Yes, this cookie is loaded with chocolate because there is no such thing as too much chocolate!!
My Vegan Chocolate Chip cookies are a hit amongst everyone. So, I decided to take the cookie to a new level and made a vegan-friendly double chocolate chip cookie. This cookie is soft, chewy, and fudgy as it contains Dutch-processed cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips!
I’m a big fan of chocolate, and I couldn’t resist eating the freshly baked warm batch of these delicious double chocolate cookies. I know for sure, you too wouldn’t stop eating at one!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Loaded with chocolate: so for chocolate lovers, there’s never enough chocolate in a dessert. I have tried to put in as much chocolate flavor as I could. The cookie dough has Dutch-processed cocoa powder, which makes the cookie dark and intense chocolate flavored. Apart from that, the cookies have chunks of vegan dark chocolate. They melt in the mouth with each bite.
- Soft and chewy: the texture of the cookie is soft, chewy, and a bit fudgy. Perfect for anytime chocolate craving. It can also be served as a dessert as it ticks all characters of a chocolate dessert.
- Perfect vegan recipe: I ensure that I have made it numerous times before putting out any recipe. The recipe comes out perfectly each time you bake it! So, your search for the best double chocolate vegan cookie recipe ends here.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Dutch-processed cocoa powder: Since Dutch-processed cocoa powder is alkalized, meaning the acidity from natural cocoa powder is removed, it makes it darker and intensely flavored. That is also what is wanted for the cookies to provide rich, dark chocolate flavor.
- Baking powder: The addition of baking powder helps raise the cookie when baked. This results in a soft texture of the cookie.
Vegan butter, milk, and chocolate: Being a dairy-free recipe, all these ingredients must be vegan-friendly. You can use any brand available for butter, milk, and dark chocolate.
How To Make Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies
- Gather ingredients: collect the ingredients required in separate bowls. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) and line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicon mat.
- Creaming: Start by creaming vegan butter, brown sugar, and castor in a bowl. Beat until it’s fluffy.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Add soy milk and vanilla essence once creaming is done. Mix again.
- Add Dry Ingredients: it’s time to sieve the dry ingredients, which are flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix these into the creamed butter to form a dough.
- Add Chocolate: Lastly, add Chopped dark chocolate to the dough and mix again.
- Shaping: Take 60g of dough and make a ball. Place it on a lined baking tray and add a few more chopped chocolate on top. Repeat the same with the rest of the dough.
- Freezing: once all the cookies are shaped, place the tray in the freezer for 12-15 minutes.
- Bake: Bake the cookies at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 12-15 minutes.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Bake on the middle rack.
It’s essential to bake in the oven on the middle rack. This ensures even heating from the bottom, top, and sides. You can even rotate the tray midway for more even baking.
Tip for Chocolate
You can use a mix of vegan dark and milk chocolate chunks in the cookie if you’d like.
How To Store Vegan Double Chocolate Cookie
Baked and cooled cookies should be stored in an airtight box and kept at room temperature.
If you have leftover cookie dough, cling-wrap it and keep it freezer for two months.
Here are some Easy Make Dairy Free CookiesPrint
- 195g All-Purpose Flour
- 37g Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder
- ½+1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp + a pinch Salt
- 22ml Soy Milk
- 112g Vegan Butter
- 67g Brown Sugar
- 60g Castor Sugar
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
- 60g Vegan Dark Chocolate
- Extra Vegan dark chocolate to place on top of the cookie
- Preheat the oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicone mat.
- In a bowl, cream vegan butter and sugars until it’s pale and fluffy.
- Add in soy milk and vanilla essence.
- Now, sieve in the dry ingredients, that is, flour, Dutch-processed cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt, and give it a mix
- Next, fold in the vegan dark chocolates. Mix to form a dough.
- Make balls from the dough weighing 60g each and place them on a lined baking tray.
- Flatten it out a bit and put some chopped dark vegan chocolate on top.
- Keep them in the freezer for about 12-15 minutes.
- Bake them at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for about 12-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 12 to 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes