Hey, my baker’s fam!
I am back with yet another vegan recipe. Relish these soft vanilla and blueberry cupcakes. They are vegan and super easy to make.
When you think of a vegan diet, you might feel there are few options left to eat, let alone indulging in anything sweet. But as more and more people are turning towards the vegan diet category, it has become almost necessary for bakers to make delicious recipes for them.
Today, I have a simple yet super tasty vanilla cupcake recipe topped with blueberry-flavored frosting. Vanilla cupcakes are a must on any occasion, be it a birthday party, family/friends gathering, or simply any day. So, I decided to make it vegan-friendly this time.
Vegan Vanilla Blueberry Cupcakes Recipe Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
Who doesn’t love a classic vanilla cupcake? Everyone does! And now you will fall in love with these vegan vanilla blueberry cupcakes.
- Crowd-pleaser: though the recipe is specially curated for vegans but trust me, anyone who eats this will love it. Even non-vegans would approve of it.
- Versatile: since the recipe is a vanilla cupcake, you can add any additional flavor of your liking. Like in this recipe, I have added Blueberry puree to the vanilla whipped cream. Similarly, you can add any other fruit puree to the frosting.
- Simple and quick to make: This recipe does not require any fancy ingredients or equipment. All the required ingredients are available in your kitchen, so you can make these cupcakes anytime and any day.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Baking soda and Baking powder: these rising agents are important as they provide the required softness and rise to the cupcakes. Since in egg recipes, egg provides the rise and aeration, in eggless or vegan recipes, the role of rising agents increases.
- Soy Milk: Since the recipe is vegan, you’ll need non-dairy milk. So, I have used soy milk, but you can also use almond milk.
- Brown Sugar: Generally, you won’t find brown sugar in vanilla cupcakes. But in this recipe, I have used brown sugar to provide moisture, a hint of caramelized sweetness, and a tint of brown color.
How To Make Vegan Cupcakes
- Preparation: Start by collecting all ingredients required for the recipe. Preheat your oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Dry Ingredients: Sieve all dry ingredients, i.e., flour, baking powder, baking soda, castor sugar, brown sugar, and salt, in a bowl. Give this a mix.
- Wet Ingredients: In a different bowl, collect all liquid ingredients, i.e., oil, soy milk, and vanilla essence.
- Batter: Gradually mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ones and make a lump-free batter.
- Bake: Pour the batter into six cupcake liners. Fill the liners till the 3/4th level. Put the tray for baking in a preheated oven at 180c (OTG mode: lower rod only) for 22-25 minutes.
- Frosting: While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting. Add Blueberry puree to non-dairy whipping cream and beat them together until soft peaks are achieved. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a 1M nozzle.
- Assemble: Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, frost them with the Blueberry Whipped Cream by making swirls.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Tip To Make It Non-Vegan
If on any day you wish to make these cupcakes non-vegan, you have to replace soy milk with regular animal milk.
Vanilla cupcakes are like a blank canvas, open to any new flavor. You can always experiment with the garnishes, like adding fresh berries on top or play with confetti.
How To Store Vegan Cupcakes
Store the assembled cupcakes in an airtight box in the refrigerator. Consume within three days.
You can store cupcakes without frosting in the refrigerator, kept in an airtight container for up to a week.
More Easy RecipesPrint
- 90g All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 50g Castor Sugar
- 20g Brown Sugar
- 30g Vegetable Oil
- 117ml Soy Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 150g Non-Dairy Whipping Cream
- 50g Blueberry Puree
Method For Cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Sieve all dry ingredients, i.e., flour, baking powder, baking soda, castor sugar, brown sugar, and salt, in a bowl. Stir them well.
- Mix all the liquid ingredients in another bowl, i.e., oil, soy milk, and vanilla essence.
- Pour liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into six cupcake liners. Fill until the 3/4th level of the liners.
- Bake the cupcakes at 180c (OTG mode: lower rod only) for 22-25 minutes.
Method For Frosting:
- Beat whipping cream and blueberry puree together till soft peaks are achieved.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a 1M nozzle.
Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, frost them with the blueberry whipped cream frosting by making swirls.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Assembly Time: 5 to 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 to 25 minutes