Vegan frosting can be as tasty, smooth and buttery as the regular buttercream frosting. At least this recipe is!! It’s perfect for frosting your vegan cakes and cupcakes.
I have been making this vegan frosting for a while now, and I love it. The texture is amazing, as it’s fluffy, buttery and quite delicious. After making this, I have never experimented with another recipe. I can have a spoonful of it just like that; it’s that good.
The key to making this frosting perfect lies in its method and the use of good-quality ingredients, especially vegan butter.
The taste and texture are so good that you can use it for filling, frosting and piping designs for your cakes and cupcakes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- As Good As Regular Buttercream: Many times, people think vegan desserts won’t be that tasteful and delicious. However, that is not true. Vegan desserts taste incredibly delicious and sometimes even better. The frosting is excellent as it tastes similar to your regular buttercream.
- Easy To Make: The Recipe is simple, and anyone can follow it easily and make perfect frosting each time. The ingredients required are also basic vegan ingredients that are easily accessible.
- Method: The way to make the frosting is a bit different than usual. That is why it is so smooth and buttery. The icing sugar is dissolved in almond milk first, and then it is added to creamed vegan butter. This ensures that the sugar is mixed thoroughly and does not have grittiness.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Vegan Butter: It is crucial to use good quality vegan butter. I firmly recommend not using margarine or shortening for better results.
- Almond Milk: Almond milk tastes sweet and blends well into the buttercream. However, you may use any other plant-based milk, like soy milk.
- Icing Sugar: Do not forget to sift the icing sugar before using it for the frosting. It helps remove the lumps present in the sugar.
- Vanilla Essence and Salt: Use good quality vanilla essence that is not too diluted. If possible, use vanilla extract. A dash of salt is necessary to bring out the flavour of the frosting.
How To Make Vegan Frosting
Preparation: Collect all five ingredients needed for the frosting. Measure them correctly on a digital weighing scale.
Mix Sugar and Almond Milk: First, mix almond milk and icing sugar in a bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Keep aside for later use.
Cream Butter: In a large mixing bowl, beat softened vegan butter using an electric hand beater. Keeping the speed at a medium pace, beat the butter until it gets fluffy and light.
Add Almond Milk Mixture: Next, add the previously made almond milk and icing sugar mixture in batches. Beat the mixture continuously to get a smooth consistency.
Add Vanilla Essence and Salt: Lastly, add the flavours, i.e., vanilla essence and salt to the frosting. Give it a quick mix, and your vegan frosting is ready to use.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Use Room temperature Ingredients
The vegan butter and almond milk must be used at room temperature. If either of the ingredients is cold or too warm, the frosting won’t be as we need it to be.
You can add any flavoured essence or any icing gel colour to make the frosting according to various requirements. Natural ingredients like lime or orange zest, desiccated coconut, etc., can also be added to create different flavours.
How To Store Vegan Frosting
When a fresh batch is made, use it immediately for your cakes or cupcakes. Leftover frosting can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You can. Store it in the freezer for up to a month.
More Easy Recipes
These vegan recipes are a must-try for everyone:Print
- 100 g Vegan butter
- 80 g Icing sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 10 g Almond milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
- Mix icing sugar and almond milk in a bowl. Mix to dissolve sugar, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, Beat vegan butter until fluffy and light. Use an electric hand beater at medium speed to cream butter.
- Add the icing sugar and almond milk mixture in batches along with the rest of the ingredients, i.e., vanilla essence and salt. Beat until you get a smooth buttery frosting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes