All Nutella lovers, hear me out!! I have got just the right recipe for you all-Nutella Cookies. It’s soft, delicious, and the best way to indulge in eating Nutella.
Nutella is one such treat that you just can’t stop eating once you taste it. Naturally, as a baker, I feel the compulsion to make desserts using Nutella. So this time, I have created simple but incredibly delectable soft Nutella cookies. They are easy to make, and I’m sure you will definitely become a fan of these cookies.
Most of the time, Nutella cookies are made using Nutella as a center-filling, which is irresistible too. However, you do not always have time to freeze blobs of Nutella and then make center-filled cookies. It is a time-consuming process. That is why I came up with this quick recipe so that one can enjoy them in no time.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Nutella: Of course, the most important reason to love this recipe is because it’s loaded with Nutella. The cookie is enveloped with Nutella flavor in each bite. Since it’s added during the creaming process, its flavor is available through the cookie rather than sticking to just the center, as in the case of center-filled cookies.
- Quick To Make: Unlike many recipes that call for freezing cookie dough before baking, this recipe does not require extra freezing time. You can simply make the dough and bake them immediately. Relish these cookies in just a few minutes.
- People’s Favorite: It’s well known that Nutella is loved by all, kids and adults both. Everyone would gobble these cookies up! These will definitely be the favorite treat at any gathering.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Nutella: The most important ingredient here in this recipe is Nutella. The entire taste composition depends on this one. So, use authentic Nutella only and avoid any other hazelnut or chocolate spread.
- Hazelnuts: adding Chopped hazelnuts on the top of the cookies provide a much superior taste as well as texture. Since they get baked along with the cookies, they get the most amazing roasted hazelnut flavor. And the crunchiness from the nuts adds a great contrast to its overall soft texture.
- Eggs: Eggs help in keeping the cookies moist. Because of this, they remain soft throughout. Eggs also act as an emulsifying agent which bonds all the ingredients well together.
How To Make Nutella Cookies
Preparation: individually collect all ingredients and tools needed to make these delicious cookies. Also, line a baking tray using a silicone mat or butter paper. Preheat the oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan).
Creaming: Starting with the primary step in cookie making, beat the butter until it gets soft. Add Nutella to it and cream them until the mixture gets light, fluffy, and pale in color. Creaming is an important step where the fat is beaten to incorporate adequate air needed for the dough.
Add Sugars: Once Nutella and butter has been creamed, add castor and brown sugar. Continue beating till you get a fluffy mixture.
Add Eggs And Vanilla Essence: Once you are done with creaming, add the eggs and vanilla essence. Mix these well into the creamed mixture so that everything combines.
Add Dry Ingredients: All that is left to do is to add all-purpose flour and baking powder to the creamed mixture. Combine the dry ingredients thoroughly to make a smooth dough.
Shaping: Now that you have your cookie dough, make balls from it weighing 70g each. Place them on a lined baking tray at an equidistant gap.
Garnish: Spread some Nutella at the center of the cookie and Sprinkle Chopped hazelnuts on it. This will add a great garnish to the cookies.
Bake: Place the cookie tray in a preheated oven and bake them at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 12-15 minutes.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Tip For Baking
To get perfectly baked cookies, ensure to place the cookies in the middle rack of the oven. Also, try to rotate the tray after half-baking time to get even heating on each cookie.
Although hazelnuts add a great flavour and texture, but there is no denying that they are an expensive ingredient. If youlike you skip adding chopped hazelnuts on top. Instead you can add some chopped chocolate chunks to make it more chocolatey!
How To Store Nutella Cookies
Once the cookies have cooled down completely, place them in an airtight jar/box away from moisture. You can consume them within a week.
If you have any leftover cookie dough, you can cling-wrap it and keep it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
More Easy Recipes
Check out my other cookie recipes that are easy and super delicious –Print
- 100g Butter
- 130g Nutella
- 30g Brown Sugar
- 20g Castor Sugar
- 280g All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 + 1/8 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- In a bowl, soften the butter a bit.
- Add Nutella and start creaming until they are pale and fluffy.
- Next, add both castor and brown sugar and continue beating.
- Add in eggs and vanilla essence and mix again.
- Now add in all-purpose flour and baking powder and make a smooth dough.
- Divide the cookie dough into balls of 70g each and place them in a lined baking tray.
- Now, spread some Nutella on top with a spoon and sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on it.
- Bake the cookies at 180C (OTG Mode: Upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 12-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes