Isn’t cream-filled sandwich cookies everyone’s favourite? And do you ever wonder how to make them? Then let me end your search with this post! Today, I will be sharing my favourite cream-filled cookie recipe with you that’s made of crunchy chocolatey cookies and soft marshmallow fluff cream.
I remember eating all my cream-filled cookies by separating the cookie and licking the delicious sweet cream inside. Well, I still do that!! And I know almost everyone in their childhood has done that.
Cream cookies are ever so amazing; they are perfectly crispy on the outside, buttery cookies sandwiched with soft cream. With my recipe, I turned those simple cookies into gourmet cookies filled with homemade sweet cream using marshmallow fluff!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- The Texture: the contrast between crispy, snappy butter cookies and soft creamy filling works wonders, to be honest. When eaten together in a bite, you get a mix of textures at the same time, which is terrific.
- Flavour: The cookies are buttery and given a chocolate flavour which goes perfectly well with vanilla cream filling. Everyone loves the combination of chocolate and vanilla.
- Kid’s Favourite: of course, we know how much kids love cream cookies. So, the recipe will be a definite hit amongst the kids in the house and, to be honest, adults too.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Salted butter: fat is essential for a cookie, especially butter, as it provides flavour, richness, tenderness and structure. The cookies in this recipe are crispy yet soft, giving a perfect gourmet cookie texture.
- Natural cocoa powder: se we are making chocolate-flavoured cookies, I have used natural cocoa powder. You may use Dutch-processed cocoa powder, too, if you want them to be darker and more intense.
- Egg Yolk: the protein in the yolk helps bind and emulsify the ingredients well. It also provides a rich flavour and adds fat to the cookie.
- Marshmallow Fluff: giving a perfect twist to a classic cream-filling recipe, I have added marshmallow fluff to it, making it extra delicious and creamy.
How To Make Cream-Filled Cookies
Preparation: Begin by collecting all ingredients needed for the recipe. Preheat the oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or butter paper.
Method for cookies
Creaming: Using a spatula, cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Use a paddle attachment if using a stand mixer for bigger batches.
Add Wet Ingredients: Add egg yolk and vanilla essence to the creamed mixture. Mix this well until everything is combined.
Add dry ingredients: Next, add sifted dry ingredients, which are flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix to form a smooth dough. Do not overwork the dough, as it will get sticky.
Shaping: Roll the dough between two sheets of butter paper and roll it until you get 5mm thick. Remove the top sheet and cut cookies using a 5.5cm round cookie cutter. You will get 12 cookies. Place the cookies in a lined baking tray and freeze them for 20-30 minutes.
Bake: Remove the tray from the freezer and put the cookies for baking at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 10-12 minutes.
Method for Cream Filling
Beat Butter: Take softened unsalted butter in a bowl and beat until it gets creamy and fluffy.
Add marshmallow fluff: Add the marshmallow fluff to the creamed butter and beat it again. Make sure it mixes well.
Add Sugar and Milk: Next, add sifted icing sugar and milk to the above mixture and continue beating. Beat until you get a smooth, fluffy mixture. Transfer the cream to a piping bag fitted with small 1M nozzle.
Method for Assembly
Cool the Cookies: Let the cookies cool down completely before making them into sandwich cookies.
Pipe The Cream: Take one cookie and turn it upside down. Now, pipe the cream filling starting from the centre and going around right before the edges. Place another cookie on top of it.
Garnish: Melt some dark chocolate and transfer it to a piping bag. Drizzle the chocolate over assembled cookies for garnish.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
You can add any flavoured essence and gel colour to make different cream fillings. You can also replace the cocoa powder with some flour and corn flour to make simple butter cookies.
Freeze The Cookies
It is important that you freeze the cookies before baking. If you bake without freezing, then the cookies will spread more than required, and they will get too thin.
Use Perforated Mat
To give cookies a self-design texture, use perforated mat instead of butter paper or silicone mat.
How To Store Cream-Filled Cookies
Keep assembled cookies in an airtight jar at room temperature for 3-4 days.
You can keep leftover cookie dough in the freezer cling-wrapped for up to two months.
More Easy Recipes
I bet you will love these other cookies too-Print
- 150g All-Purpose Flour
- 25g Natural Cocoa Powder
- 75g Icing Sugar
- 100g Butter
- 20g Egg Yolk
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
For Cream Filling:
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 20g Marshmallow Fluff
- 10g Icing Sugar
- 5ml Milk
- Melted Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or butter paper.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar until it’s pale and light.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla essence to it and mix.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients, which are flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix them to get a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of butter paper until you get 5mm thick.
- Using a round cookie cutter of size 5.5cm, cut out 12 pieces. Place the cookies on a lined baking tray and freeze them for a while.
- Finally, bake them at 180C for (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) 10-12 minutes.
For Cream Filling:
- Beat the unsalted butter in a bowl till it’s soft n fluffy
- Add marshmallow fluff to the butter and beat again. Ensure to mix the two ingredients well.
- Next, add icing sugar and milk. Continue mixing until the entire sugar dissolves. You will get a smooth and fluffy cream filling.
- Take one cookie and turn it upside down. Now, pipe the cream filling starting from the centre and going around right before the edges. Place another cookie on top of it.
- To Decorate and garnish, drizzle some melted chocolate on top.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes