Can you think of anything better than Red velvet Cookies with cream cheese filling? No? It doesn’t stop there; they are vegan too! YES, IT’S POSSIBLE! Delicious, soft, center-filled red velvet cookies topped with white chocolate chips, it’s a dream come true!
Red velvet flavor is one such flavor that can be introduced in any dessert, be it cake, puddings, brownies, or cookies. I love the classic pairing of red velvet with cream cheese. But the addition of white chocolate takes it to new heights. Making these cookies vegan was all the more challenging but not impossible. Relish these cookies anytime you like!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Classic flavor: I have ensured that the authenticity of the red velvet flavor remains intact in the cookies.
- Two-in-one cookie: Although these are center-filled cookies having cream cheese filling, however, if you want, you can make these without the filling, making them red velvet white chocolate cookies.
- Unique: Red velvet is not a unique flavor anymore, but it’s still something new in the cookie category. Not many bakers or even bakeries sell red velvet cookies, which are vegan, so it’s a plus for your menu!
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Red food color: There are numerous types of colors available, like liquid, powder, and gel. I recommend using gel food colors as they are more concentrated and vibrant.
- Vegan cream cheese: apart from regular dairy-free products like milk, butter, and chocolate, this recipe includes vegan cream cheese. I have used homemade cream cheese here; you may use any brand’s cream cheese available in your city.
- White chocolate chips: adding white chocolate chips on top of the cookie makes the cookie more delicious and compliments the red velvet flavor.
How To Make Vegan Red Velvet Cookies
- Mise-en-place: Gathering all your ingredients before starting with any recipe is important. Preheat your oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicon mat.
- Make the filling: Start by making the filling first, as they need to freeze for at least an hour. So mix cream cheese and icing sugar until the sugar dissolves. Transfer the filling to a piping bag. Place butter paper on a baking tray and pipe blobs of filling on the butter paper weighing approximately 10g each. Put the tray into the freezer.
- Creaming: for the cookie, cream butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Wet Ingredients: Add soy milk, red gel color, and vanilla essence to the creamed butter mixture. Give this a stir.
- Dry Ingredients: Sieve dry ingredients like flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add them to the butter-milk mixture and combine.
- Freeze: the dough will be sticky, so it must be kept in the freezer for some time.
- Shaping: once the dough is workable, take 40g and make a ball. Press it a little and place frozen cream cheese filling on it. Wrap and seal the dough around the filling nicely. Repeat the same with the rest of the dough.
- Garnish: place the cookies on a lined baking tray and sprinkle some vegan white chocolate chips on top to garnish.
- Freeze: put the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake: bake the cookies at 180C for (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) 15 to 18 minutes.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Freeze the dough
Since the dough is sticky, you must freeze the dough before you start shaping. You can also wear gloves while shaping the dough.
If you cannot find vegan white chocolate chips, you can chop vegan white chocolate bar and put chunks.
How to store Vegan Red Velvet Cookies
Store baked cookies in an airtight box at room temperature.
Cling-wrap any leftover cookie dough and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
More Easy Recipes
Look out for more amazing vegan recipes like vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and dairy-free oatmeal cookies.Print
Vegan Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling
Center-filled vegan red velvet cookies topped with white chocolate chips-what more you can ask for in a cookie? They are soft, delicious and perfect for any occasion.
- Total Time: 60 to 73 minutes
- Yield: 6 portions 1x
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 40g Vegan Cream Cheese
- 10g Icing Sugar
- 75g All-Purpose Flour
- 9g Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 30g Vegan Butter
- 36g Brown Sugar
- 36g Castor Sugar
- 30ml Soy Milk
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 5–6 drops Red Gel Color
- Vegan White Chocolate Chips As Required
- Preheat your oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicon mat.
- Cream butter and the sugars in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Now, mix the red food gel color with soy milk and add it to the creamed butter and sugar mixture along with vanilla essence.
- Sieve the dry ingredients, i.e., flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix them to form a dough.
- The dough will be sticky, so keep it in the freezer for some time before shaping.
- Take 40g of dough and make a ball. Press it a little and place frozen cream cheese filling on it. Wrap and seal the dough around the filling nicely.
- Do the same for the rest of the dough and place them in a lined baking tray.
- Garnish the cookies with vegan white chocolate chips on top.
- Freeze them for 15-20 minutes and then bake at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 15-18 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 30 to 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 to 18 minutes
1 thought on “Vegan Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling”
Please share recipe for homemade cream cheese.