Cake in a mug? A perfect single-serving dessert that can be made in just a matter of a few minutes, and you can fulfil your sweet cravings anytime you want!
I had previously posted a vanilla mug cake recipe, and as usual, you guys loved it. This time, I thought of making a vegan mug cake. It’s been a while since I last added any vegan dessert.
Mug cakes are so simple and easy to make. You just need to mix everything in the mug itself and microwave it for a few minutes. No large quantity of batter, no tins required, and no oven needed!
Definitely, it’s not the same as eating a cream cake, but it’s a very close substitute for that urgent sweet craving. Bake this chocolate chip vanilla mug cake and top it with your favorite dairy-free garnish!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- It’s Quick: Everyone loves to make something quick and easy. This once-cup recipe lets you create a single-serving cake in a few minutes. Now, that’s something I would do when I don’t have much time to invest but still want to make a dessert!
- Delicious: Who can say no to classic chocolate chip cake? Even though it’s a mug cake, I was pretty adamant that I wouldn’t compromise on the taste of the cake! Many often mug cakes or, for that matter, microwave cakes aren’t that delicious. But trust me when I say this vegan mug cake is yummy, and you can always top it with your favorite sauce or cream.
- Vegan: How often do you find an excellent vegan dessert recipe? Either they are not good, or they require some fancy ingredient. Well, this recipe is as basic as it can get. All ingredients are always available in a baker’s kitchen.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Flour: The best flour to make the cakes is all-purpose flour. It provides the right amount of gluten level and good structure to the cake without making it dense or chewy.
- Almond Milk: I prefer using almond milk when it comes to vegan desserts. I personally like the flavor it provides. You may, however, use any plant-based milk, such as soy milk.
- Baking Powder: The cake needs to be soft and tender, which can be done by adding baking powder. It will help the cake to rise and be soft.
- Oil: Usually, mug cakes are made using oil as the fat. It’s because you are making the batter in the mug itself, and you need ingredients that can be mixed easily. Butter requires creaming most of the time, so it is avoided in mug cakes. You may use melted vegan butter if you want, but the quantity of butter would be a little more than oil.
- Chocolate chips: These vegan chocolate chips provide a nice flavor to the cake. Even if you don’t add any topping, you can eat the cake because the chocolate chips would provide enough flavor and texture.
How To Make Vegan Mug Cake
Preparation: Collect the ingredients required to make the cake. You can find a complete list of ingredients with their quantities in the recipe card below.
Add Dry Ingredients: In a mug, add all dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix them properly.
Add wet Ingredients: To this mixture, add the wet ingredients, which are almond milk, oil, and vanilla essence. Stir well to make a nice, smooth batter.
Add chocolate chips: Now add some chocolate chips to the cake batter and give it a mix. Save some chocolate chips for garnishing.
Bake: Place the mug in the microwave and cook it for 3-4 minutes or until baked properly.
Garnish: Once baked and cooled, top it with some non-dairy whipped cream and rainbow sprinklers, as well as some chocolate chips.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Use Fork To Mix
Since the mug has a small space to mix, you may end up having lumps if mixing is not done correctly. You can use a small-sized whisk or a fork to mix the batter.
Use Medium to Large Sized Mug
Do not use small mugs for making mug cakes. Always use large mugs so that you are able to make the batter and the cake gets enough space to rise.
Do Not Microwave For Long
Ensure that you are not microwaving the cake for more than what is recommended in the recipe. If the cake gets over-baked, you will end up having a rubbery textured cake.
How To Store Mug Cake
Mug cakes are made for the purpose of being served and consumed immediately. I would not recommend to store it for later use.
More Easy Recipes
Have you been looking for delicious vegan dessert recipes? Then I have perfect recipes for you to try:Print
- 75 g All-purpose flour
- 150 g Almond milk
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 + ¼ tsp Baking powder
- 7 tbsp Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp Chocolate chips
- Add all the dry ingredients to a cup/mug- Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar, and Salt. Give it a stir.
- Now add in the wet ingredients, i.e., Almond milk, Oil, and Vanilla essence. Mix properly and make a batter in the cup itself.
- Now add the chocolate chips and fold them in. Save some chocolate chips for garnish.
- Put the mug in a microwave for 3-4 minutes until fully baked.
- Once the cake is baked, let it cool down for some time. Garnish it with non-dairy whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles, and chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 5 to 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 to 4 minutes