I love making center-filled cookies. They make for a great upgrade to any regular cookie. You get the most delectable cookies with yummy gooey fillings with just a few extra steps.
I have already made a few Center-Filled Cookies, like ganache-filled chocolate chip cookies and oreo cheesecake cookies. Today, I have another center-filled cookie recipe; this time, it’s strawberry cheesecake cookies!!
As a center-filled cookie should be, these cookies are also crisp on the outside yet soft and gooey from the center. The cream cheese filling is a great addition to pair with strawberry-flavoured cookies. And, of course, I’ll be using fresh strawberries. As a baker, I love incorporating fresh seasonal fruits in my desserts.
Let’s have a look at some of the essential ingredients we will need to make these cookies.
Castor and brown sugar- The ratio of castor sugar is higher than brown sugar. This is to make sure the cookie is crispier from outside as it is going to sift in the middle naturally because of the filling.
Butter – Salted butter will ensure an apt buttery flavour in the cookies. You can use unsalted butter too, but you will have to add some extra salt.
Baking powder– A small quantity of rising agent is needed to make the cookies rise and ultimately make them soft.
Fresh strawberries – The season of strawberries is here, and it’s always best to use fresh strawberries.
Cream cheese– For the filling cream cheese is used to give cheesecake-like flavour.
Easy-to-make Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
Easy-To-Make Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
Delicious cookies made with fresh strawberries, cream cheese filling and a cream cheese glaze drizzled on top-everyone will ask for more!
- Total Time: 27-30 minutes
- Yield: 5–6 portions 1x
For cookie dough:
- 155 g Flour
- 72 g Butter
- 75 g Castor sugar
- 13 g Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 23 ml Milk
- A pinch Salt
- 40 g Chopped strawberries
For cream cheese filling:
- 40 g Cream cheese
- 10 g Icing sugar
For cream cheese glaze:
- 40 g cream cheese
- 10 g icing sugar
- 10 ml milk
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Digital Weighing Scale
- Bowls and Spoons
- Baking Tray
- Butter Paper/Silicone Mat
- Piping bag
Method for filling :
- Smooth the cream cheese and add sifted icing sugar to this. Give it a nice mix and ensure no sugar lumps are there.
- Transfer the mixture into a piping bag.
- Now, place a butter paper on a tray & make blobs of cream cheese filling weighing around 10 g each.
- Freeze them for 15 – 20 minutes in the freezer.
Method for glaze:
- Smooth the cream cheese and add sifted icing sugar to this. Give it a nice mix.
- Add milk and mix until you get flowing consistency.
Method for cookie dough:
- Cream butter and both the sugars in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Then Sieve all the dry ingredients, i.e. flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture along with milk. Mix it well to make the dough.
- Lastly, add chopped strawberries and form a dough.
- Now, take dough weighing 80g and make a ball. Flatten a little, put cream cheese blob inside the cookie, and roll it to seal the filling.
- Place a single slice of strawberry on top of the cookie.
- Repeat the same process with the leftover dough. Place the cookies on a lined baking tray.
- Keep them in the freezer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Now, bake it in a preheated oven at 180c for about 12-15 minutes (OTG mode: lower rod + upper rod + fan ).
- Once baked and cooled, garnish with slice of fresh strawberry and drizzle the cream cheese glaze on the cookies.
- Use a good brand cream cheese like dairy craft, Philadelphia or d’lecta
- Check the quality of strawberries before using them. They should be fresh, plump and juicy.
- Only add a little milk at a time to the glaze, else it will get too thin.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 30-40 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes