Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, the name might seem unusual, and you may think, what’s a pumpkin doing in a cookie? Don’t worry, it’s in the right place! These cookies are a total hit in the west and are a growing rage amongst bakers now.
Those who haven’t eaten these cookies can get doubtful, but if you love my recipes, I can guarantee that you will love these for sure.
They are soft, chewy, loaded with pumpkin sweetness contrasting well with homemade pumpkin spice, and have everyone’s favorite chocolate chips! Doesn’t it sound like a party-in-the-mouth type of cookie?
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
Give this cookie a try, and you will have good enough reasons to make it again and again.
- Unique flavors: The combination of sweet pumpkin, chocolate chips, and pumpkin spice (a blend of few spices) is unique in itself. The taste amazes you as they are quite pleasing in the mouth.
- Soft and chewy: the texture of the cookie is very soft and a bit chewy. It’s perfect for the fall and winter seasons. I personally love freshly baked warm, soft gooey, or chewy cookies. Inspired by the classic pumpkin pie, these cookies are just like eating the pie with the addition of chocolate chips.
- Quick to make: Unlike most pumpkin cookies which require long freezing time, this recipe only asks for 15 minutes of freezing time before baking. they are quite easy and quick to make.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Pumpkin puree: the pumpkin adds a lot of moisture to the cookie, making it incredibly soft and delicious. It also adds a hint of its natural sweetness. And, of course, the orange color that you get in the cookies is from the pumpkin!
- Pumpkin pie spice: the famous pumpkin pie spice, which is used when you make the actual pumpkin pie, is also used in these cookies. The blend of spices compliments the overall flavor of the cookies quite well.
- Egg: The egg helps to emulsify the ingredients together and add moisture to the cookie. They also help in making the cookies rise and become soft.
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preparation: first, gather all the ingredients needed to make the cookies. A complete list of ingredients is given in the recipe card below. Preheat your oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicon mat.
- Creaming: Cream butter, castor sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl. Beat until fluffy and pale.
- Wet Ingredients: Once creaming is done, add egg and vanilla essence to it. Mix well.
- Pumpkin puree: Add the pumpkin puree to the above mixture and combine.
- Dry Ingredients: Now, Sieve dry ingredients, i.e., flour, baking powder, and salt. Add them to the mixture along with the chocolate chips. Mix to form a dough.
- Shaping: Using a scooper, scoop out balls of dough weighing approximately 60g each. Place them on a lined baking tray and press them a little. Add a chocolate tablet on top of each cookie for garnish.
- Freeze: Put the cookies in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake: Bake the cookies at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 15-16 minutes.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Tip for pumpkin pie spice
If at any time all the spices are unavailable to make the pumpkin spice, try using at least cinnamon and nutmeg powder. This will help add some flavor to the cookies.
Tip for pumpkin puree
Use the pumpkin, which is orange in color. You can make the puree at home by blending it in the grinder.
How To Store Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Cookies
Store these delicious cookies in an airtight box. Place the container in a cool, dry place for a week.
If you have cookie dough left with you, cling-wrap it and place it in the freezer for later use. Store it for up to two months.
More Easy Recipes
Try our amazing cookie recipes like chocolate marshmallow cookies, matcha white chocolate cookies, and cornflakes cookies.Print
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies: perfectly spiced, soft, and chewy cookies for everyone to try something new.
- Total Time: 45 to 46 minutes
- Yield: 8 portions 1x
- 150g All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 75g Butter
- 30g Eggs
- 45g Brown Sugar
- 30g Castor Sugar
- 75g Pumpkin Puree
- 45g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 8–9 pcs. Chocolate tablets
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
For Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 5g Cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/8 tsp Clove Powder
- 1/8 tsp All-Spice Powder
- Pinch of Black Pepper
Method For Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicon mat.
- Cream butter and both the sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla essence.
- Now add in pumpkin puree.
- Sieve in dry ingredients and add chocolate chips as well and give it a mix,
- Now scoop out the dough with the help of a scooper and place it in a lined baking tray. (Weighs around approx 60g)
- Flatten them out a bit, then place one chocolate tablet on top of each cookie.
- Keep them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake them at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 15-16 minutes.
Method For Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- Mix all the required powders together in a bowl.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 to 16 minutes