If you are someone who loves potatoes and is always looking for new ways to cook them, then cooking them in an air fryer is something you must do. One of the most popular dishes I frozen potato wedges made in an air fryer. It’s a delicious, quick, and, most importantly, easy snack that can be a side dish or a side dish that can be cooked in a minute.
An air fryer is the perfect tool for getting crispy and delicious potato wedges. It is a healthier alternative to deep frying as it needs a really tiny amount of oil or no oil at all. Making frozen potato wedges in an air fryer is very easy and requires only a few steps. I will take you through the step-by-step process of making frozen potato wedges in an air fryer, along with some easy tips so that the potato wedges come out crispy and delicious every time you cook them.
Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- Quick: I am a big potato lover, and making potato wedges in an air fryer feeds my cravings in a few minutes.
- Crispy: They are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, just like my frozen French fries in an air fryer.
- Vegan And Healthy: They are vegan, gluten-free, and dairy free. Most importantly, they are healthy due to no use of oil.
How An Air Fryer Works?
An air fryer is basically a mini convection oven that sits on your countertop. An air fryer cooks with oil rather than oil.
An Air fryer has a heating element that circulates hot air through a fan around your food. This makes your food crispy from the outside, keeping the juiciness and moistness on the inside.
Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Potato wedges: A bag of frozen potato wedges.
- Oil (optional): I haven’t used oil to make the potato wedges. But if you guys love extra crispy potatoes, you can brush a little bit of oil. Try using olive oil or grape seed oil to make them healthier.
- Seasonings: as I made frozen potato wedges, they came pre-seasoned. You can also try using garlic powder or any other seasoning that you guys like.
How To Make Potato Wedges In An Air Fryer?
See the recipe card for complete instructions
Preparation: Preheat the air fryer to 200°C (400°F) for a few minutes. You can completely skip this part. As I am a baker, I tend to preheat the air fryer as well. Place liners in the air fryer basket.
Put Wedges In Air Fryer: Place the potato wedges in the basket in one layer. Do not place too many potato wedges at once. Doing this may result in unevenly cooked potato wedges.
Bake: Bake them for 10-15 minutes or until crispy enough for you. Toss them halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking.
Serve: Carefully remove the potato wedges from the basket. Serve hot! With your favorite dip or sauce.
Chef’s Tip For The Recipe
Air Fryer Bakes Fast
Keep an eye on your food. An air fryer cooks food fast, so it’s better to keep an eye on the wedges.
Bake In Batches
Cook them in one single layer. Shake the basket halfway through to cook the potato wedges evenly.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you like this recipe, then I am sure that you will love my other recipes made in an air fryer like-
Frequently Asked Questions
To get crispier potato wedges, you can brush a very small amount of oil on the potato wedges. You can also cook them for longer to make them crispy.
It is not a necessary step, but preheating an air fryer makes the potato wedges cook faster. Also, this step ensures even cooking and crispy potato wedges.
It typically takes 10-15 minutes to cook potato wedges. However, depending on the thickness of your potato wedges, the time may differ. Every air fryer’s heating capacity differs from each other, so the cooking time may also depend on this.
- Frozen potato wedges
- Oil (optional)
- Seasoning (optional): my potato wedges came pre-seasoned, but if your potato wedges don’t have any seasoning, you can sprinkle some garlic powder, salt, and some paprika powder.
- Line your air fryer with liners. Preheat the air fryer to 200°C(400°F)
- Place the potato wedges in one layer.
- Cook them for 10-15 minutes or until they turn crispy and golden brown in color.
- Toss them halfway through cooking to ensure that even cooking
- Remove the freshly cooked crispy potato wedges from the basket
- Serve hot! With your favorite dip or sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes