Today, I have brought a special Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies recipe for you all. It’s easy to make and, trust me, quite delicious as well. To enhance the cookies further, I have added a vegan chocolate component. It complements the peanut flavor very well.
Today, everyone has become cautious of what they eat and what ingredients go into making any product. Vegans are one such community of people who do not eat any animal by-product, meaning no animal milk or dairy products. It’s time we, as bakers, expand our knowledge and experience, hence creating delicious desserts for vegans as well. Vegan peanut butter cookies are a perfect recipe for a quick bite that is not too sweet yet loaded with peanut goodness.
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love The Recipe?
- Packed with peanut flavor-if you are a peanut lover, then this is a must try recipe for you. The cookies have peanut butter as well as roasted peanuts for garnish.
- Taste approved by non-vegan: Sometimes, the recipes provided for vegan diet does not taste good as the ingredients used are not by good brands or coconut oil is used. this recipe tastes almost similar to any dairy peanut butter cookie.
- Fun to decorate-the cookies are decorated by dipping it in vegan dark chocolate and garnishing with roasted peanuts.
Key Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Brown sugar – since it has molasses it helps enhance the sweetness by giving more depth in flavor. It also makes the cookies soft and chewy.
- Cookie shortening – it’s dairy free and 100% fat which gives a required richness to the cookies.
- Unsweetened peanut butter-ensure to use a good brand unsweetened peanut butter. We need unsweetened as we are already adding enough sugar in the recipe.
- Baking powder-it adds the extra softness we need to make soft centered cookies.
- Vanilla essence – a hint of vanilla is needed to just upgrade the flavour combinations.
How To Make Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies?
- Do the prep: Get all your ingredients ready on the working counter. Preheat your oven at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod+ fan). Also, line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicon mat.
- Creaming: Start by creaming the shortening and sugars together. once its mixed, add in the peanut butter and continue creaming.
- Add vanilla essence: To the creamed mixture, add vanilla essence.
- Add dry ingredients: Next, Add sifted dry ingredients i.e. flour, baking powder and salt. combine everything well to form a dough.
- Shaping: Make balls from the dough weighing 20g each. Place them a lined baking tray.
- Freeze: Place the tray in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake: Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod+ fan) for 10-12 minutes.
- Decorate: Once the cookies cool off, dip them in vegan dark chocolate and garnish with roasted peanut butter.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Do not over work the dough as that would lead to a sticky dough.
Tip for garnish
you can add some crushed peanuts on top of cookie before baking to make it a little chunky.
How to Store Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies?
You can store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight box. They will stay good for 2-3 weeks.
You can store the leftover dough for later use. Cling wrap and place in an airtight box. It will last for a month in fridge and 2 months in freezer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my vegan cookies dry?
Do vegans eat peanut butter?
Is vegan cookie healthier?
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies RecipePrint
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Delicious peanut butter cookies that are vegan and easy to make.
- Total Time: 35 to 42 minutes
- Yield: 12–13 portions 1x
For Cookie Dough:
- 50 g Cookie Shortening
- 25 g Brown Sugar
- 25 g Castor Sugar
- 100 g Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- 85 g All purpose flour
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 80 g Vegan dark couverture chocolate
- 20 g Roasted chopped peanuts
- Preheat your oven at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod+ fan). Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicon mat.
- In a bowl, cream cookie shortening and with the sugars till its fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and give it a mix. Now, add vanilla essence to this.
- Sieve the dry ingredients and add them to the creamed butter. Mix to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into balls of 20g each. Roll the balls and place them on a lined baking tray.
- Refrigerate the cookies for 15-20 minutes.
- After freezing, bake them at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod+ fan) for 10-12 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and dip the cookies halfway. Place the cookies on butter paper or silicon mat.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the chocolate covered area of the cookies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Freezing Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes