Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies-the name is self-explanatory, isn’t it? These cookies perfectly blend salty peanut butter and decadent dark chocolate.
Did you like our Vegan Peanut Butter Cups Recipe? I find them delectable! After eating these cute dessert cups, I realized peanut butter and chocolate go well together. For this reason, I decided to incorporate the two flavors into one cookie. These cookies are soft and chewy; and you get chocolate in every bite.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Packed with peanut butter: if you are a peanut butter fan, you will love this recipe. What’s a peanut butter cookie which is not loaded with peanut butter?! I have added more than enough to provide perfect peanut flavor.
- Vegan: Making vegan recipes can sometimes be challenging as not every time trial recipe works out. However, I love to experiment and make any favorite recipe of mine into a vegan version.
- Chunky cookies: They are chunky and thick, which makes them soft, chewy, and pretty wholesome.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Peanut Butter: Creamy smooth peanut butter is the best version to use. You may use any brand that you prefer.
- Vegan dark chocolate: I prefer dark chocolate only as it pairs better with peanut butter than milk chocolate.
- Baking powder: since the cookies are thick, it needs softness provided by baking powder.
How To Make Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Collect the ingredients: gather all the ingredients needed. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Prepare a baking tray with butter paper or a silicon mat.
- Creaming: Start by mixing vegan and peanut butter. Ensure that both blend well. Add in the sugars and continue creaming.
- Add wet ingredients: add soy milk and vanilla essence into the creamed mixture.
- Add dry ingredients: Sieve all the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix into the creamed mixture and form a dough.
- Add Dark Chocolate: Add chopped dark chocolate and combine the dough.
- Shaping: Take 80g of dough and make a ball. Place it on a lined baking tray and press a little. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
- Garnish: Sprinkle some peanuts and chocolate chips on top of the cookie.
- Freeze: put the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake: bake the cookies at 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 15-18 minutes.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
I have made this cookie thick and chunky. You can reduce the quantity of each ball as per the size you want to make. For example, you can take 40-60g of cookie dough instead of 80g.
Although I recommend using creamy peanut butter, you can also opt for chunky peanut butter as it will have crushed peanuts.
How To Store Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Store baked cookies in an airtight box in a cool, dry place.
You may store any leftover cookie dough for later use in the freezer by cling-wrapping the dough.
More Easy Recipes
Look out for more vegan recipes: vegan peanut butter cookies, dairy-free oatmeal cookies, and vegan lemon cake.Print
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies: soft, chewy, chunky, and wholesome-these cookies are one of the best vegan cookies you’ll have.
- Total Time: 45 to 48 minutes
- Yield: 8 portions 1x
- 100g Vegan butter
- 100g Peanut butter
- 60g Chopped vegan dark chocolates
- 70g Soy milk
- 60g Brown Sugar
- 40g Caster sugar
- 200g All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Line a baking tray using butter paper or a silicon mat.
- Mix butter and creamy peanut butter together in a bowl until it is smooth.
- Add both the sugars and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Now, add in soy milk and vanilla essence.
- Sieve in dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine to form a dough.
- Finally, add chopped dark couverture and mix into the dough.
- Now, make balls from dough weighing 80g each. Place them on a lined baking tray and flatten them out a bit. Sprinkle some chocolate chips and peanuts randomly on top.
- Put the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake them at 180c (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan for 15-18 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 to 18 minutes