It’s a bright sunny day, and you are craving for a sweet dessert as breakfast. Nothing’s better than having a warm crispy waffle! I could make it every day!
Waffles are uniquely shaped, having a grid-like design and square pockets. This is because they are made in a waffle iron machine. It would be best if you also had a waffle machine to make these delicious waffles at home.
You must have tried various waffle recipes, but trust me, this recipe would be your best! Do you know why?! OREOS- yes, you read that right, they are Oreo waffles! Everyone loves Oreos and waffles, so why not bring them together!?
Oreo Waffles Video Tutorial
What to expect from this Oreo Waffles Recipe?
Perfectly crispy from the inside and soft inside. With crushed oreo in the batter, you get a crunch in every bite. Served with vanilla ice cream, Nutella and nuts are an excellent addition to the waffles. It’s a party in the mouth.
What do you need to make these waffles?
Flour-the best texture you can get is through all-purpose flour. Some may want to try with whole wheat, buckwheat flour but flavour and texture gets compromised.
Sugar-the waffle itself isn’t very sweet as it is always served with some sweet syrup such as maple syrup, chocolate syrup, ice cream etc.
Baking powder and baking soda– these rising agents help waffles rise well and give it a soft interior.
Butter– it provides the fat needed plus the buttery flavour.
Egg– be sure to use room-temperature eggs.
Vanilla essence – it’s needed so as to eliminate any egg flavor.
Milk-prefer using full cream milk for better texture.
Oreo biscuits-the star ingredient of the dessert. It’s used in a grinder and crushed form to give the best flavor possible in the waffle batter.
It’s time we make this recipe. Enjoy!Print
- 120g Flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 55 g Castor Sugar
- 55 g Salted Melted butter
- 60 g Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 125 ml Milk (according to consistency)
- 12 pcs Grinded Oreo (a)
- 15 pcs Crushed Oreo (b)
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Crushed Oreos
- Preheat the waffle machine at 150C.
- Take a bowl and sieve all the dry ingredients flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Add powdered oreos into the dry ingredients.
- Now, mix melted butter and eggs together in a different bowl. Give it a good mix.
- Now mix butter-egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Lastly, add milk and make a smooth batter.
- Add crushed or chopped Oreo biscuits (b) to the batter.
- Grease the waffle machine with melted butter.
- Now pour the batter into the waffle machine. Cook it for 4-5 minutes on 150C.
- Once baked, put the ice cream on the waffle & spread some Nutella over the ice cream. Garnish with some nuts and chopped Oreos.
- Make sure the batter does not have any flour lumps.
- Grease the waffle machine with butter on both bottom and top part.
- Milk is added according to the consistency needed, so do not add all at once.
- You can use the chocolate sauce in place of Nutella.
- You can replace melted butter with refined oil.
- Do not overcook the waffles as they will turn out to be hard/chewy. Once they have a golden color and crisp edges, stop cooking.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4-5 minutes