Love oreo cheesecake but don’t have time to make one?
I have just the right alternative for you, then. How about quick oreo cheesecake cookies?? Yes, cookies! I love baking cookies; it’s such a versatile category. You can experiment with many ingredients and flavours, and they don’t take long to bake.
Cheesecakes have recently gained a lot of popularity amongst the young generation. When I think about my childhood, around 15 years back, I didn’t even know what cheesecakes were, let alone eat one. In the last 7-10 years, cheesecakes have become a famous and loved dessert in the Indian market. It’s been demanded so much that now it is being incorporated into different desserts like cupcakes, chocolates, cakes and cookies.
So, if you love cheesecakes and cookies, you will also like this recipe. Don’t hold back and give yourself this wonderful experience of having a cookie and Cheesecake both in one! Crispy on the outside with soft cheesecake filling in the center-this cookie is to die for.
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies Recipe Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Oreo cheesecake filling: Who wouldn’t love Oreo cheesecake filling inside a crispy cookie? The smooth cheesy oreo flavoured cream is the best filling you would taste.
- Soft yet crispy: the cookies are a perfect amalgamation of soft and crispy textures. The centre of the cookie is soft, having crisp edges.
- Easy to make: centre-filled cookies can be tricky to make. The filling may ooze out if added more in quantity or if it is unstable. However, the technique used in this recipe is relatively easy. The filling is weighed first and then kept for freezing so that all cookies have the same quantity.
Important Ingredients Required For The Recipe
Let’s look at some important ingredients you will need for the recipe.
- Flour-we makes cookies with different types of flour, but for this recipe, I recommend sticking with all-purpose flour only.
- Butter– the salted butter helps enhance the cookie flavour a lot.
- Castor and brown sugar – both sugars play an essential role in the overall taste and texture of the cookie.
- Egg-egg adds moisture to the cookies as well as some fat.
- Baking soda-it helps the cookies spread and rise.
- Oreos– crushed oreos are added into cookie dough and cream cheese filling.
- Cream cheese-for that authentic cheesecake flavour, you need to add good quality cream cheese.
How To Make Oreo Cheesecake Cookies?
- Make the oreo cream cheese filling: smooth the cream cheese and add icing sugar. Mix it till the sugar dissolves. Add in crushed Oreos and mix it again.
- Pipe out the filling: Transfer the filling to a piping bag. Pipe out blobs of filling on butter paper weighing 10g each and freeze them in the freezer.
- Make the cookie dough: Cream the butter and sugar until it’s pale. Then add sifted dry ingredients along with the egg. Mix it well. Lastly, add crushed Oreos and make the dough.
- Shape the cookies: Take 20g of cookie dough and make a ball. Press it from the centre and put the blob of filling. Now roll the dough and seal the filling inside.
- Freeze the cookies: before baking, we will freeze the cookies in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake: Finally, bake them in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 12-15 minutes (otg mode: lower rod + upper rod + fan).
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Freeze The Filling
It’s important to freeze the cream cheese blobs as it becomes easier to add them to the dough.
Freeze The Cookies
Freezing the cookie balls helps harden the butter, which prevents the cookie from spreading too much.
Tip For Butter Paper
Use good quality butter paper or silicone mat to line the baking tray. Low-grade butter paper will make the cookies stick to it.
You can end up having a sticky dough if you over-mix the dough.
How To Store These Cookies?
Always store cookies in an airtight box at room temperature. They can last up to a week.
To store leftover cookie dough, cling wrap it and keep in fridge for a month for in freezer for 2 months.
More Easy RecipesPrint
For cookie dough:
- 100g Salted butter
- 125 g Castor sugar
- 50g Brown sugar
- 1 no. Egg
- 200g All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 50 g Oreo crushed
- ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
For Cream cheese filling:
- 40g Cream cheese
- 10 g Icing sugar
- 20g Crushed Oreos
For The Oreo Cheesecake Filling:
- Smooth out the cream cheese and add icing sugar to this. Give it a good mix.
- Now add Oreo crumbs to the cream cheese.
- Transfer the mixture into a piping bag.
- Now, place the butter paper on a baking tray and make blobs of cream cheese weighing approximately 10 g each.
- Freeze the blobs for 15 – 20 minutes in the freezer.
For The Cookie Dough:
- Cream butter and the sugars together until pale and fluffy.
- Then sieve all the dry ingredients, flour, salt, and baking soda in a new bowl.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and add the egg. Mix well.
- Lastly, add crushed Oreos and form a dough.
- Next, take 80g ball of dough and put cream cheese blob inside the cookie, then roll it to seal the cream cheese filling inside.
- Place the ball on a lined baking tray and put one oreo biscuit on top of the cookie dough.
- Repeat the same process with the leftover dough.
- Now, keep the tray in the freezer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Now, bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 12-15 minutes (otg mode: lower rod + upper rod + fan).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 30 to 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes