Want to make something quick? Don’t have time to bake for long? These No-bake Cookie Dough Bites have come to your rescue! Easy, fast, absolutely delicious, and cute no-bake chocolate chip cookie dough bites will be your new go-to munching recipe for your sweet cravings!
No-bake? That means everything is raw? Well, not exactly. The only ingredient you need to be cooked is flour, and we will use heat-treated flour just like any edible cookie dough recipe.
I loved eating raw cookie dough as a kid, and my mum always scolded me! Why wouldn’t she? I’m eating raw batter, which can cause harm to anyone. I wish we had this concept of edible cookie dough earlier so I didn’t have to crave to eat them. Luckily, as baking has evolved, so has the idea of eating cookie dough that isn’t raw anymore, yet you don’t bake it.
No-bake cookie dough bites are made using heat-treated flour (needs just 5 minutes of flour being baked), and then make the dough like you make any other cookie dough.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Perfect Quick Dessert: All you need is 10-15 minutes, and you will have the most delicious cookie dough. Yes, it’s that quick! 5 minutes to collect your ingredients, 5 minutes to heat-treat the flour, and another 5-6 minutes to make the dough, and you are done!!
- Versatile: I have made the classic chocolate chip cookie dough bites, but you can always make your own variation by adding any other nut/dried fruit of your liking.
- Loved by everyone: It’s that type of dessert that everyone will love. Kids will love it because they just love anything and everything sweet!! Adults will love it because it will remind them of their childhood memories.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Heat-treated Flour: the most important step and ingredient in making edible cookie dough is heat-treating the flour. Without doing this, there is no point in making the dough as it will be raw. Cooking the flour for just a few minutes kills the bacteria making it safe to eat.
- Sugar: Like a regular cookie, I have used a mix of both castor and brown sugar. You may change their ratio as per the taste you need. For e.g., You may use more brown sugar if you like the flavor of molasses and the caramelized taste it brings.
- Chocolate chips: use of readymade chocolate chips are recommended instead of big chocolate chunks as they are meant to be small bite-sized balls.
How To Make No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites
Preparation: Quickly collect all the ingredients needed for the recipe. Preheat the oven to 200C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan).
- Heat treat the flour: spread the flour in a baking tray and put it for cooking in a preheated oven at 200C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 5 minutes.
- Creaming: Now, cream unsalted butter, castor sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl. Beat it enough to incorporate air so that it becomes pale and fluffy.
- Wet Ingredients: Add the milk and vanilla essence to the creamed butter. Mix it again to combine.
- Dry Ingredients: Add sifted heat-treated all-purpose flour and mix to form a smooth dough.
- Chocolate: Lastly, add the chocolate chips to the cookie dough.
- Shaping: Once the cookie dough is ready, take 15g of the dough and make a ball. Repeat the same for the rest of the dough.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Although they can be served just as it is, but you can serve them in different ways. You can crush and Sprinkle it over vanilla ice cream or even blend them with your chocolate milkshake.
Make it Vegan
You can easily replace the butter, milk, and chocolate with vegan alternatives in the same ratio to make the recipe vegan-friendly.
How To Store No-bake Cookie Dough Bites
You can store the cookie dough balls in a sealed container for a week in the fridge. You can also store them in the freezer for up to two months in an airtight container or freezer bag(zip lock bag).
More Easy Recipes
If you are looking for more easy dessert recipes, then check these outPrint
- 100g Heat-treated All-Purpose Flour
- 110g Unsalted Butter
- 40g Brown Sugar
- 40g Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp Milk
- 50g Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 200C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan).
- Heat-treat the flour by cooking it in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Now, cream unsalted butter and sugar until it’s pale and fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla essence and give it a proper mix.
- Sieve the heat-treated flour directly over the mixture and mix to make a dough.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- To shape the cookie dough, make small-sized balls weighing 15g each.
Your no-bake cookie dough bites are ready to be served.
- Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes