It’s that time of the year when anyone and everyone is looking for some special dessert to impress their loved ones!
Festive season in India is here and like always, it’s filled with lots of love, joy and definitely desserts .
When it comes to finding sweets and desserts in India for festivals, we get whole lot of variety and flavors.
But we bakers love to experiment, don’t we? Making Indian fusion desserts is a great way to blend traditional sweets with some contemporary desserts!
Gulkand fudge is one such dessert that we created. It’s a white chocolate fudge with rose and gulkand flavor.
Gulkand Fudge Recipe Video Tutorial
What is a Gulkand Fudge?
It’s a simple Indian fusion dessert which has 3 components.
First part or layer is the delicious white chocolate fudge. It is infused with flavors like rose and fennel.
The second layer of the dessert is the traditional gulkand itself.
Coming to the last layer, it consists of a light and smooth rose flavored buttercream.
What texture does the dessert have?
As we all know, fudge bar has a very dense and gooey texture. Similar to that this white chocolate fudge has a very creamy texture.
With rose petals and fennel mouth freshener added to the fudge, you will get the most refreshing flavor combination.
Definitely the highlight is the layer of gulkand and the soft rose buttercream acts as a cherry on the top!
Important Ingredients For Gulkand Fudge
Let’s have look at some important ingredients needed for this recipe
White chocolate– the recipe calls for white couverture chocolate as it has better quality and flavor due to presence of cocoa butter in it. We would recommend using the same chocolate.
Condensed milk – this sweet Ingredient is used in various cakes and desserts. It’s one of the major ingredient used in fudge. It’s because of condensed milk that the fudge gets a gooey texture and caramelized flavor.
Gulkand– to incorporate gulkand flavor we have used traditional gulkand instead of any essence. You can easily get it at any Paan store.
Rose – in this dessert, rose flavor is incorporated in two ways. First rose petals are used in the fudge. And the rose essence is added in the buttercream.
Reading about this dessert alone is making me have one, so why wait now? Let’s go ahead and check out the recipe
- 125 g Condensed milk
- 262 g White couverture
- 2 pinches Salt
- 30 g Mouth freshener
- 12–15 nos. Fresh rose petals
- 2–3 drops Rose essence
- 57 g Unsalted butter
- 15 g Icing sugar
- 10 ml Milk
- Pink gel color as required
- 1–2 drops Rose essence
- 100 g Gulkand
- 8–10 nos. Rose petals
- 1 no. Silver leaf
- 10–15 g Chopped pistachios
- Measuring Cups and spoons
- Digital Weighing Scale
- Bowls and spoons
- Cling wrap
- 6inch square tin
- Hand beater
Method For Fudge:
- Line a 6 inch square tin with cling wrap.
- Melt white couverture chocolate in microwave.
- Now, warm the condensed milk and add it to the chocolate. Mix them well.
- Add in the salt, mouth freshener, rose petals and essence. Combine everything.
- Pour the mixture into the lined square tin and let it freeze overnight.
Method For Buttercream:
- In a bowl, dissolve the icing sugar into the milk.
- Now, take a mixing bowl and put unsalted butter. Beat it till it becomes soft and pale.
- Start adding the sugar-milk mixture in batches and beat.
- Continue beating till the entire milk has been incorporated well.
- Lastly add a drop of pink gel color and a few drops of rose essence. Mix again.
- Take the fudge out from the refrigerator and spread ab even layer of gulkand on it.
- Now cut the fudge into 3inch x1.5inch rectangle.
- Pipe three blobs of rose buttercream on top.
- Garnish with some rose petals, chopped pistachio and silver leaf.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 8 portions (3in x 1.5in)