Incredibly moist, juicy and delicious-I’m talking about one of my favourite recipes Apple Loaf With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze. It’s a perfect dessert that’ll last for days.
Apple and cinnamon is a pair made in heaven. Honestly, just a hint of cinnamon lifts the flavour of soft, juicy apples. A warm cup of tea or coffee with a slice of freshly baked apple cake drizzled with cream cheese glaze is the best way to spend your morning breakfast.
Whenever I get stuck thinking about which cake to bake for my family, apple cake is my way out. It’s such a crowd-pleasing cake, and everyone loves it. Plus, this is an eggless recipe making it all the more special.
Eggless Apple Loaf Recipe Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
Taking a bite of this cake will itself make you fall in love with it, but I’ll give the reasons behind this magical cake.
- Fresh apples: the sweetness that comes with using fresh chopped apples is fantastic. They add so much moisture to the cake, making it juicy in every bite.
- Eggless: Most recipes call for an egg, as eggs make the cake fluffy. However, I have made it eggless, keeping the softness intact. Buttermilk is one magical ingredient in eggless cakes that helps bring tenderness to the cakes.
- Cream cheese glaze: usually, cream cheese ‘frosting’ is used to decorate the top of apple cake. But instead of frosting, I have used cream cheese glaze infused with cinnamon flavour. It does wonders to the glaze and the cake! You don’t really need too much frosting with a tea cake, so I prefer using a glaze over frosting.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Apples: Finding the right kind of apples is very crucial for the cake. Not using juicy apples will not give you the best outcome. So always use the best quality apples which are fresh, juicy and crunchy.
- Cinnamon: I would suggest not skipping out on this special spice when it comes to making an apple cake. This spice helps elevate the overall taste of the cake and is one of its dominant flavours, as it’s used in the loaf and the glaze. If you are a fan of apple pie, you would know how good apples taste with sugar and cinnamon.
- Buttermilk: Eggless cakes made with buttermilk are super moist. The milk helps add moisture as well as extra fat to the cake. At the same time, the vinegar reacts with baking soda to give rise to the cake making it fluffy and soft.
- Brown Sugar: Getting that brown colour and a caramelized flavour is all the task of brown sugar. Besides providing sweetness, brown sugar helps in giving an excellent brown colour and caramel-y sweetness as it has molasses in it.
How To Make The Apple Loaf
- Preparation: First, collect all ingredients needed to complete the recipe. Preheat your oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Grease and line a bread tin with oil and butter paper.
- Buttermilk: Prepare buttermilk by mixing apple cider vinegar with milk. Mix and keep it aside for a while.
- Creaming: In a bowl, start mixing oil, castor sugar and brown sugar. To this, add in the buttermilk and mix.
- Dry ingredients: sieve in the dry ingredients, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, and salt directly into the above mixture and give it a good mix.
- Vanilla essence: After mixing the dry ingredients, add vanilla essence to the batter.
- Chopped Apples: Fold finely Chopped apples into the batter and mix properly.
- Bake: Transfer the batter to the prepared tin and bake at 180C (OTG mode: lower rod only) for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Overbaking this cake will make it chewy and may give it a burnt taste. Ensure you pull the cake out of the oven just in time.
Tip for Apples
Don’t chop the apples too big. They should be decently Chopped apples. Big chunks of apples won’t spread out all over the cake and may even sink at the bottom.
How To Store The Apple Loaf
The baked and glazed cake can be stored in an airtight container. If keeping at room temperature, consume within 3-4 days. If stored in the fridge, it can last for a week.
More Easy Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
The reason could be that you might have added too much flour in the batter or less fat. Also, ensure the cake is not overbaked.
If you love apples’ sweet and sour taste, go for Granny Smith Green Apples or Ambri Apples. But if you want more sweet-tasting apples, use Fuji, Gala or Red Delicious apples.
For Cake Batter:
- 142g All-Purpose Flour
- ½ + ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ + 1/8 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ + 1/8 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp + pinch Nutmeg powder
- 30g Caster sugar
- 60g Brown sugar
- 45g Vegetable oil
- ¼ + 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 + half Apples (chopped and without peel)
- ½ + ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
- 90ml Buttermilk (90ml milk + 1/2 + 1/4tsp apple cider vinegar)
For Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 70g Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 20ml Icing Sugar
Method For Cake Batter:
- Preheat your oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Grease a bread tin with very little oil and place butter paper at the bottom.
- Mix milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl to make buttermilk, and keep it aside.
- Mix oil, brown sugar, and caster sugar in a new bowl.
- Now, add the buttermilk to the sugar-oil mixture and stir it.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients, which are all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, and salt, directly into the mixture, giving it a good mix. Add vanilla essence to the batter.
- Now, fold in the chopped apples and combine them to get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake it at 180C (OTG mode lower rod only) for 25-30 minutes, or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Method For Cream Cheese Glaze:
- In a bowl, soften cream cheese using a spatula.
- Add sifted icing sugar and cinnamon powder. Mix them in.
- Finally, add milk and combine well to make a smooth glaze.
- Transfer it to a piping bag.
Drizzle the cream cheese cinnamon glaze over the cooled apple loaf and dust some cinnamon powder on top.