When it comes to celebrating any big moment, we youngsters tend to mostly think of having some shots, don’t we?! 😉
But what if you can have shots with your family? Sounds fun, isn’t it?
Yes, with our tasty Paan Shots, you can easily have celebratory shots with all your loved ones!
It’s a unique recipe made with vanilla ice cream, Paan leaves, Gulkand and fennel seeds powder!
Easy to Make Paan Shots Recipe Video Tutorial
Paan Shots – Taste and Texture
Since it’s made primarily using ice cream, the texture of the shots is similar to an ice cream shake! It’s thick and full of flavor.
We have incorporated Paan flavor in these shots by using two main Paan ingredients ie Paan leaves and gulkand.
Key Ingredients for Making Paan Shots
Vanilla ice cream– the ice cream forms the base for the shots. With vanilla, you can always pair other flavours to make more variety.
Paan leaves--to maintain the authenticity of the Paan flavour. We used actual Paan leaves. It also adds a vibrant green colour to the shots.
Gulkand– another ingredient needed for the Paan flavour is Gulkand. It’s a refreshing product with rose petals that are slow-cooked in sugar syrup.
Now Let’s jump to this easy peasy recipe which takes few minutes to make and only seconds to disappear!!
For Paan Shots:
- 4 nos. Paan leaves
- 1+ 1/2 tsp Fennel seed powder
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Gulkand
- 3–4 pcs. Ice Cubes
- 65 g Vanilla ice-cream
- Desiccated coconut As required
- 1 no. Paan leaves
- 1tsp Gulkand
- Mouth freshener as required
- Rose petals few petals
- Mixer blender
- Bowls and Spoons
- Shot glasses
- Cut the stems of the paan leaves into small pieces so that paste can be made easily.
- In a blender make a paste by blending paan leaves, gulkand, fennel seed powder, cardamom powder and ice cubes.
- Blend it until a fine paste forms.
- In a new jar, blend vanilla ice cream and 2 tbsp of paan paste. Blend it till you get a shake like texture.
- Take one Paan leaf and cut it into small pieces.
- Now put gulkand (1/8 tsp) and some mouth freshener on it and fold to wrap it.
- Insert a toothpick into the center to close it.
- Now take the shot glass and coat the rim with some gulkand.
- Dip the rim on desiccated coconut so that it sticks to it.
- Finally, pour the Paan shot mixture into the decorated glass. Top it with some fresh rose petals and place the Paan garnish on top of the glass.
- The ice cubes are added while making the paste to keep the Paan leaves colour bright.
- You can add some cold milk to adjust the consistency as you like it.
- You can experiment with flavors for the shots. Replace Paan paste with any other flavored paste. For eg, you can make mango/strawberry puree and use that with ice cream while blending.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes