Start your day with these amazingly crispy cornflakes cookies.
They are a perfect combination of crunch and softness in one cookie. Don’t believe me, just try!
Biscuits and cookies are the first things you look for when you have a cup of tea or coffee. Gone are the days when the only biscuit you could get in the market was Marie Gold or Parle-G. Honestly, they are still everyone’s favourite, but now everyone needs variety. Cookies have paved their way deep into Indian society.
Cornflakes cookies are a result of bringing something new to the table with basic ingredients. Learn to convert a simple vanilla cookie into a delicious crunchy cornflakes cookie with this recipe.
Cornflake Cookies Recipe Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Few Ingredients: all you need are a few staple ingredients readily available in any household kitchen, and you are good to go.
- Crunchy yet soft: the USP of the cookie is that it is crunchy on the outside, yet it has a soft texture. The cookies are coated in cornflakes well enough to have a crunchy layer once baked.
- It’s versatile: the base recipe of the cookie is so versatile that you can create many other variations. E.g., you can add any favourite nut or dry fruit.
Important Ingredients Used For The Recipe
- Egg: less than half an egg is used in the recipe, yet it plays a significant role. The egg provides the needed moisture and colour in the cookie. It also binds the dough well.
- Baking powder: although the egg itself is enough to provide some rise to the cookies, however, since these cookies are supposed to have a soft texture from the centre, baking powder is added to give the necessary rise in the dough.
- Vanilla essence: with an egg being in the recipe, it becomes almost necessary to add vanilla essence, or for that matter, any flavouring, to cover up the egg taste cookies may have.
How To Make Cornflakes Cookies?
- Mise-en-place: Gather all your ingredients on the workstation before starting with the recipe.
- Creaming: Start by beating butter and sugars together until the mixture is light, creamy and fluffy.
- Wet ingredients: Once creaming is done, mix the egg and vanilla essence and mix. Ensure to incorporate the entire egg into the butter mixture.
- Dry ingredients: It’s time to sift the dry ingredients, ie. Flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter-egg mixture. Combine to make the dough.
- Shaping: Take 40g of dough and make a ball. Flatten it a little bit and then roll it in slightly crushed cornflakes. Do the same with every cookie dough ball.
- Freezing: After coating all the cookies with cornflakes, place them on a lined baking tray and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake: After the cookies have hardened, bake them in a preheated oven at 180C (OTG mode: lower rod + upper rod +fan) for 15-18 minutes or until you see browning of the edges.
Chef’s Tips For the Recipe
Tip for cornflakes
Use only simple cornflakes. Also, do not crush the cornflakes too much, as the desired crunch won’t come.
Experiment with flavours
Do not hold back; add a few extra nuts and dry fruits to make a different variation.
How To Store Cornflakes Cookies?
Store these cookies in an airtight box in a cool, dry place.
To store leftover cookie dough, cling wrap it and put it in an airtight box. You can keep it in the fridge for a month or in the freezer for 2 months.
More Easy Recipes
Don’t forget to try out other delicious cookies like coffee bean cookies and peanut butter cookies.Print
Cornflakes Cookie Recipe
CORNFLAKES COOKIE: a perfect blend of crunchy and soft cookies; these cookies are so delicious you won’t stop eating at one.
- Total Time: 40 to 48 minutes
- Yield: 5–6 portions 1x
- 100g All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 50g Salted Butter
- 20g Brown Sugar
- 30g Castor Sugar
- 20g Egg
- ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
- Cornflakes As Required
- Preheat the oven to (OTG mode: lower rod + upper rod +fan). Line a baking tray with butter paper or a silicon mat.
- Cream butter and both the sugar that is caster sugar and brown sugar together until it’s pale and fluffy.
- Now, add egg and vanilla essence and mix.
- Add in the sifted dry ingredients, which are all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder.
- Now, make balls from the dough weighing 40g each.
- Flatten them out a bit and roll them into slightly crushed cornflakes. Coat them properly; this will provide the crunch needed.
- Place them in the lined baking tray and put them in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cold, bake them at 180C(OTG mode: lower rod + upper rod +fan) for 15-18 minutes or until the edges of the cookies turn light brown.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Freezing Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 to 18 minutes