Enjoy a crispy and healthy side salad with this air fryer cabbage dish! It makes for a perfect quick and delicious snack, ready in just a few minutes.
Cabbage is one of those versatile vegetable which can be eaten in different ways. You can cook it as a vegetable, eat it raw, or roast it for a quick snack. The best thing is that it’s loaded with nutrients, which makes it an excellent healthy dish.
Air frying the cabbage with your favorite seasoning helps you make a great side dish for your meat or just anytime snack. Use shredded cabbage to get crispy edges and a juicy center.
You can pair it with any main course as a salad or eat it as a snack whenever you are hungry. It’s that versatile!!
Why Use an Air Fryer?
One can always use an oven to roast their veggies; however, using an air fryer has its own benefits. It’s a lot less messy process. Plus, you will need little to no oil, and it takes less time than any oven. Definitely, using the air fryer is a better option.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Healthy: What can be more nutritious than a veggie roasted without much oil? Air fryer cabbage salad is a healthy dish that helps retain all the nutrients of the cabbage.
- Customizable: You always add any seasoning or dressing of your choice. You can add or skip using oil. All-in-all, you can easily customize the cabbage dish as per your taste.
- Quick: The air fryer makes the cooking process extremely fast. This cabbage dish gets ready in just 10 minutes. Little prep and little cooking time are all you need to make a delicious, healthy snack.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Cabbage: You will need a fresh, medium-sized cabbage, finely shredded, for the recipe. I prefer cutting them thin; you can, however, cut the way you like-thick or thin, diced or sliced.
- Oil: I have used refined oil. If you like, you can use olive oil as well. It totally depends on the flavor you need.
- Salt and Pepper: A simple seasoning of salt and pepper has been used for this recipe. That’s the primary flavor you can give to any salad/snack.
How To Make Cabbage in an Air Fryer
Preparation: Cut the cabbage into thin slices/ shredded form. Preheat the air fryer to 180C for 5-7 minutes.
Place Cabbage in The Fryer: Put the shredded cabbage in the air fryer basket. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle salt and black pepper on it. Using a tong, mix the cabbage and coat it well with the seasoning.
Cook: Cook the cabbage at 180C for 10 minutes or until they look cooked and have crispy edges.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
You can add seasoning as per your taste. Oregano, chili flakes, thyme, and rosemary can also be added. You can even add your favorite cheese, like parmesan, to make it even more tastier.
Tip for Cooking Time
You may cook the cabbage for less time if you like a more fresh crunch of the cabbage. Otherwise, cook it for the recommended time to get wilted cabbage with crisp edges. This will also depend on the size of the cabbage and how thick or thin the slices are.
Do Not Overfill the Basket
Place the cabbage in a single layer only. Do not put it in heaps and crowd the basket.
How To Store Air Fried Cabbage
It is recommended to serve freshly cooked cabbage and consume it immediately. If there are any leftovers, you can place them in an airtight box and store them in the refrigerator. Consume it within two days.
More Easy Recipes
I have many more air fryer recipes which you may like.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can prevent the cabbage from sticking to the bottom of the basket by placing a butter paper before putting the shredded cabbage.
You can add cheese by spreading it between two thin layers of shredded cabbage. If you want it on top, simply grate it on top of the cabbage and let it cook with it.
- 1 medium size Cabbage
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cut the cabbage into thin slices. Place the shredded cabbage in the basket of the air fryer. Place a single layer only; do not overcrowd it.
- Drizzle the oil and sprinkle some black pepper and salt for seasoning.
- Mix using a tong and cook it for 10 minutes at 1800C until they are cooked but still crunchy enough.
- Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes