A batch of freshly baked warm muffins is the best way to start your day! Am I right bakers?
Muffin recipes are mostly quick, easy to make and easy to experiment with.
When making Blueberry Muffins, you cannot miss trying this fantastic recipe! I’m sure you will love to have it every day with your tea or coffee!!
Why is this recipe best, you’ll ask? These Muffins are made differently from the usual all-in-one mixing method. In the rubbing method, dry ingredients are rubbed with cold butter using just fingertips till you get a sandy texture. This ensures that gluten in the flour is not activated too much, and the final texture of the muffins remains fluffy and cakey.
Blueberry Muffins Video Tutorial
How are the taste and texture of the muffins?
These are wholesome juicy muffins with sugary crumble on top. They are soft, and the burst of fresh blueberries with a crumbly top gives the best muffin-tasting experience!
Important ingredients used in this recipe
Egg– Eggs gives this recipe a very soft texture to the Muffins. It adds enough moisture to make them fluffy and moist.
Buttermilk– Buttermilk helps in locking the moisture in the Muffins. After reacting with baking soda adds carbon dioxide to the batter, which helps in making the Muffins soft.
Lemon zest– The addition of lemon zest enhances the overall taste of these Muffins. Lemon and blueberries are one of the best pairs to work with.
Blueberries– You must use fresh blueberries. They can be expensive but are way better than frozen blueberries as they are juicy. They must be coated with flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom.
- 140 g All-Purpose Flour
- 44 g Butter
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 70 g Castor Sugar
- 1 no. Egg
- 80 ml Buttermilk (with 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar)
- ¼ tsp Lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 100 g Flour-coated blueberries
- 50 g Brown sugar
- 30 g Flour
- 30 g Cold Butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Digital weighing scale
- Bowls and spoons
- Muffin tray
- Jumbo Muffin liners
- Piping bag
Method for crumble:
- Take all dry ingredients into the bowl.
- Add cold butter and mix them together with your fingertips until you get a crumbly texture.
- Refrigerate the crumble until the muffin batter is ready.
Method for muffins:
- Preheat the oven at 200C (otg mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Prepare a muffin tray with liners.
- Make buttermilk by adding apple cider vinegar to the milk. Keep it aside till it splits.
- In a bowl, take dry ingredients and rub in cold butter till we get a sandy texture.
- Then, add egg and vanilla paste and mix.
- Add in the buttermilk gradually to the above mixture.
- Lastly, fold in flour-coated blueberries in the batter.
- Transfer this batter to a piping bag. Fill the muffin liners till 3/4th level.
- Sprinkle the crumble on top of each muffin.
- Place one blueberry in the centre of each muffin to complete the look.
- Bake them at 180c (otg mode: lower rod only) for 20- 25 minutes.
- The preheating is done at a higher temperature than baking temperature to give a nice initial rising boost to the muffins
- Use good quality Jumbo muffin liners. I have used tulip liners in this recipe.
- Mix the batter lightly after adding blueberries so that the blueberries don’t burst.
- Use fresh blueberries for the best-tasting experience.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Keywords: Blueberry muffins, jumbo blueberry muffins, fresh blueberry muffins