A brownie that’s fudgy yet cakey and needs only five ingredients to make. Is it even possible? Absolutely YES! This five ingredients brownie is not just lip-smacking but also super easy to make. ANNNDDD, it has Nutella; what more could you ask for now?
Brownies for dessert? It’s a big YES! As much as we love eating brownies, making one can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. Why, you ask? Well, there are certain things that can sometimes not work in your favor! Too many ingredients, or it’s not gooey enough, or it’s not crinkly enough, it’s too sweet or too bitter, and so on…
But what if I told you that there is a way you can enjoy every bite of a brownie without dreading to make one? I present to you an easy five ingredients brownie recipe that works like a charm!
With minimum ingredients, you will get the yummiest chocolate hazelnut brownie.
5 Ingredients Brownie Recipe Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Texture: With this recipe, you don’t have to choose between a fudgy or cakey brownie. That’s because this brownie has the best of both textures! All that cream and Nutella make for the most delicious fudgy brownie. And the cocoa powder, along with baking powder, gives it a cakey texture.
- Flavor: I haven’t met a single person yet who does not like the chocolate and hazelnut combination. These flavors are a match made in heaven. Ingredients like natural cocoa powder and Nutella will provide you with the best combination taste of chocolate and hazelnut. The two are the most loved flavors you can never go wrong with.
- Minimal Ingredients: The usual brownie recipes require at least 8-9 ingredients, whether it’s egg or eggless. But this recipe only calls for five basic ingredients. Yes, you can achieve a delightful brownie using only five ingredients.
- It’s Eggless: You might think with just five ingredients needed; one ingredient has to be the egg. After all, it provides the strength, structure, volume, fat, and all such things to a baked good. But here’s a catch: this recipe is eggless. Can you believe it? An eggless brownie with the most amazing taste and texture.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
Since the recipe only calls for 5 Ingredients, it’s obvious all are important. Let’s go through each one of them.
- All-purpose flour – for the brownie to have some volume and structure, all-purpose flour is the best option. Since brownie is a delicate product, having flour helps them have some strength to hold the brownie structure.
- Baking powder – making sure the brownie has some cakey texture, baking powder is added to get that softness.
- Cocoa powder– we have used natural cocoa powder to provide a chocolatey flavor. Always use the best quality cocoa powder in any recipe.
- Nutella– naturally, when one thinks of hazelnut flavor, Nutella comes first in mind. To provide with the flavor as well as a fudgy texture, Nutella is a great ingredient. It also adds the sweetness we need for the brownies since we are not adding any sugar separately.
- Amul cream– cream provides all that richness you need in the brownie. Since it has fat and is a dairy product, it adds a lot of creaminess to the Brownies.
How To Make 5 Ingredients Brownie
Preparations: Collect all five ingredients with their correct quantities given in the recipe card below. Preheat the oven to 170C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Also, grease and line a 7-inch square ring.
Dry Ingredients: Sieve dry ingredients flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a bowl. Give this a stir using a spatula.
Wet Ingredients: Now add Nutella and fresh cream to the dry ingredients and mix to form a smooth batter. Make sure that there are no flour lumps left in the batter.
Garnish: Transfer the batter into the prepared ring and spread it evenly. Add dollops of Nutella on it randomly and give a Swirl effect using a toothpick. Garnish it with some chopped hazelnuts.
Bake: Put the brownie for baking at 170C (OTG mode: lower rod only) for 20-25 minutes.
Cool and serve: Once baked, remove the brownie from the oven and let it cool down a little. Refrigerate it for a while and Demould the brownie once completely cooled. Cut into even squares to serve.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Tip For Baking
Remember not to under-bake or overbake the brownie. Underbaking would mean too gooey and raw taste in the brownie, while overbaking will have burnt edges or a burnt bottom. So ensure you bake for the appropriate recommended time, the brownies will have a cooked top and slightly soft center.
How To Prep The Ring
If you are using a square ring, cling wrap it twice from one side and grease the inside edges with some oil. Place butter paper at the bottom, too. If you want to use a square tin, then grease it from the inside using oil and line it with butter paper by overhanging it from the edges so that you can simply lift it out for demoulding.
I have added chopped hazelnuts as Nutella is the prominent flavor of the brownie. You can go ahead with any other nit variation you want. Chopped almonds or walnuts can be a great addition. You can even add some chocolate chips if you like.
How To Store Five Ingredients Brownie
You can cling-wrap each piece and store the brownie in an air-tight box at room temperature (below 25C) for 3-4 days. Keeping it in the fridge can increase the shelf life to a week.
You can freeze the Brownies and store up to a month if you want.
More Easy Recipes
Do try these other variants of Brownies from the blog, which I know you will love.
Frequently Asked Questions
The recipe is made using minimal ingredients. The cream and Nutella have fat in them, which compensates for the fat needed in the recipe. Hence, we do not need extra fat for the brownies.
We need cream which has at least 25% or more fat in it. Do not use any cream that has fat lower than this.
The key to getting perfect squares for your brownies is to be patient. Never cut warm brownies, as they are pretty fragile, and you will end up having many crumbs. A tip to get those nice, smooth squares is to freeze the brownies before demoulding and cutting. Freeze the brownies for 20-30 minutes and cut using a sharp knife.
- 80 g All-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp Baking powder
- 20 g Cocoa powder
- 180 g Nutella
- 150 g Fresh cream
- Hazelnuts, as required for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C (OTG Mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Grease and Line a 7-inch square ring by cling-wrapping it twice from the bottom and placing butter paper inside.
- Take sifted all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Now add Nutella and Amul cream to this and make a smooth, lump-free batter.
- Transfer the batter to the lined 7-inch square ring and spread it evenly using a bent palette knife.
- Pour dollops of Nutella onto the batter and use a toothpick to give a swirl effect. Top it with some chopped hazelnuts for garnish.
- Bake this at 170˚ C for 20-25 minutes (OTG mode: lower rod mode only).
- Once baked and cooled in the refrigerator, demould and cut into even squares using a sharp knife.
- Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes