In the sea of low-carb and sugar-conscious diets, the ketogenic lifestyle has taken centre stage. But what about those people who love sugary goodness and explore new flavours of sweetness every once in a while?
I bring you the Best keto cream cheese frosting.
Keto cream cheese frosting is a luscious frosting that can be embraced by people who follow the keto diet, which prioritizes low-carb and high-fat consumption.
It is more than just an alternative; it is a creative take on the conscious nature of a friendly diet. Whether you are baking a keto-friendly cake or cupcakes or simply craving a dollop of sweetness, this keto cream cheese frosting will be your go-to choice.
This frosting Made with just five ingredients, this frosting is incredibly easy and simple. It can also be used in carrot cake and is one of the best cream cheese frosting that you can find on the internet!
Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- Flavour: This frosting has a flavour that is both creamy and sweet. It has a very subtle tanginess that comes from the cream cheese. The combination of natural sweetener and tanginess from the cream cheese creates a balanced flavour that complements various desserts.
- Texture: Keto cream cheese frosting has both creamy and velvety texture. The primary ingredient, cream cheese, adds a velvety texture, and butter adds creaminess to the frosting.
- Easy: Contrary to the name, making this frosting is quite simple. It requires only a few ingredients to make the frosting. It can be prepared super quickly, making it a convenient option for adding a touch of luxury and delightful sweetness to keto-friendly desserts.
- Homemade goodness: When you make this keto cream cheese frosting at home, you have control over the ingredients and can customise the level of sweetness that you need.
Important Ingredients Used in the Recipe
- Cream cheese: It is the star of the show that provides creaminess and tanginess to the frosting. Its rich fats and velvety texture contribute to the texture and flavour of the frosting. Use high-quality, full-fat cream cheese for better results.
- Erythritol: To add sweetness without the carbohydrates of regular sugar, I have used erythritol and blended it into a powder form. This sweetener has minimal impact on blood sugar levels and is commonly used to bake keto-friendly desserts. Instead of erythritol, you can also use stevia or xylitol to make the frosting.
- Butter: Butter is the source of healthy fat that contributes to the richness and creaminess of the frosting.
- Vanilla essence: Vanilla essence is used to add depth and aroma to the frosting. It complements the tangy flavour of cream cheese and contributes to a more well-rounded taste.
- Salt: A pinch of salt is added to enhance the overall flavour of the frosting. It can help balance the sweetness of the frosting as well.
How to Make Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
Preparations: Gather all the ingredients according to the quantity; keep the tools handy so that it is easier to make the frosting. Make sure that you let the butter come to room temperature as well.
Softening cream cheese: In a bowl, mix powdered erythritol sugar and cream cheese together and mix until cream cheese becomes soft. Blend erythritol in a grinder until it looks like it looks like icing sugar. And ensure that you sift it before adding it to cream cheese.
Beat butter: In a different big bowl, beat butter with an electric hand beater or in a stand mixer until the butter turns light and fluffy in texture. Make sure that you do not use cold butter, as it may ruin the creamy texture of the frosting, and it will take a lot of time to turn it into the desired texture.
Add other ingredients: Add softened cream cheese and erythritol mixture to the beaten butter along with vanilla essence and salt; beat again to fully incorporate all the ingredients and until the frosting turns creamy and soft peaked.
Chef’s Tip for Making Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
Quick Tips For A Smooth Frosting.
Ensure that both cream cheese and butter are at room temperature before using them in the frosting.
Blend and sieve erythritol sugar to prevent lumps and get rid of any impurities.
Soften cream cheese to prevent lump formation as well.
Tip To Prevent Curdled Frosting.
Avoid overmixing. Once the frosting is smooth and creamy, stop mixing; otherwise, overmixing can make the frosting softer, and it may curdle as it has cream cheese in it.
Quick Tip To Fix A Soft Frosting.
If the frosting becomes too soft, chill it in the fridge for a few minutes to make it firm and spreadable.
How to Store Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
As the frosting contains cream cheese, it can be stored in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days max. Ensure that you keep it in an air-tight container to make sure the texture and flavour are intact.
You can freeze the frosting as well. It can be frozen in the freezer for about 18 – 20 days in an air-tight container.
More Easy Recipes
Check out our other frosting recipes that you can try and lift your desserts to the next level:
Frequently Asked Questions
Although you can use low-fat cream cheese for the frosting, keep in mind that it can alter the texture and flavour of it. The high-fat content contributes to the velvety and luxurious keto cream cheese frosting.
Yes, you can use this frosting any way you want to. Pipe it to decorate, spread it to layer a cake or frost a cake.
Yes, this frosting can be frozen for up to 18 – 20 days; just make sure that you keep it in an air-tight container.
Yes, you can add natural unsweetened cocoa powder to create chocolate keto cream cheese frosting. Make sure that you use unsweetened ones only.
- 200 g Powdered erythritol sugar
- 200 g Unsalted butter
- 100 g Cream cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 pinch Salt
- Blend erythritol in a grinder until it looks like it looks like icing sugar.
- In a bowl, mix sifted powdered erythritol sugar and cream cheese together and mix until cream cheese becomes soft.
- In a different big bowl, beat butter with an electric hand beater or in a stand mixer until the butter turns light and fluffy in texture.
- Add softened cream cheese and erythritol mixture to the beaten butter, along with vanilla essence and salt.
- Beat again to fully incorporate all the ingredients and until the frosting turns creamy and soft-peak.
- Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes