Edible cookie dough is one western concept that is gaining popularity here a lot now. The flavour is being incorporated into frostings, fillings and desserts.
Earlier, I posted an edible cookie dough recipe, and you guys loved it. So I decided to make it for my vegan bakers family as well.
I’m the kind of a baker who craves to taste the cake batter or cookie dough whenever I make one. I’m sure many of you also like tasting the raw cookie dough and cake batters. But it’s evident that you can’t and shouldn’t eat those.
Edible cookie dough here comes to the rescue. What’s the difference between regular cookie dough and edible cookie dough? Well, regular cookie dough is made up of raw white all-purpose flour. However, edible cookie dough is made using heat-treated flour. That means the flour is first cooked in the oven and then added to cookie dough.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Quick and Easy to Make: the rising popularity of edible cookie dough has led many brands to put it in a box and sell it in grocery stores. But honestly, I feel as a baker buying edible cookie dough is a waste of money as you can make it at home with all the ingredients readily available at your disposal.
- It’s Delicious: who doesn’t love classic chocolate chip cookies?! I bet you will not stop eating this delicious chocolate chips edible cookie dough. It’s flavoursome and mouth-watering.
- Vegan: it’s easy, quick, delicious and vegan! My vegan bakers can rely on this fool-proof recipe. With simple vegan ingredients, you can make this finger-licking treat.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
You will find the complete list of ingredients used and their quantities in the recipe card below.
All-purpose flour: Heat-treating the all-purpose flour as instructed in the recipe is crucial. This is what makes it edible; hence cook the flour well.
Vegan Butter, milk, and Dark chocolate: I have used vegan butter and soy milk in the dough since this is a vegan recipe. Also, rich vegan dark chocolate chips have been used.
How To Make Vegan Edible Cookie Dough
Preparation: Since very few ingredients are required to make the edible dough, quickly gather all the necessary ingredients. Preheat the oven to 200C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan).
Heat-treat the flour: spread 110g of flour in a baking tray and put it in a preheated oven at 200C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) to cook for 5 minutes. The flour will get a little brownish.
Creaming: In a bowl, cream vegan butter, castor sugar, and brown sugar. Beat it enough to incorporate a good amount of air so that it becomes pale and fluffy.
Wet Ingredients: Add soy milk and vanilla essence to the creamed butter. Mix it again to combine.
Dry Ingredients: Add sifted heat-treated all-purpose flour and mix to form a smooth dough.
Chocolate: Lastly, add the chocolate chips to the cookie dough.
Mix the chocolate chips well and your cookie is ready!
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Tip to Heat Treat the Flour
Timing is crucial here. Do not overcook or undercook the flour. If the flour gets too brown, it may taste bitter and not very pleasant. And if the flour is undercooked, then it will remain raw.
Experiment with flavour
This is the easiest recipe to work with. Add any other flavoured essence of your liking, or nuts and dried fruits. You can always experiment with the flavours here.
How To Store Vegan Edible Cookie Dough
Storing the cookie dough in the fridge will last up to a week. And in the freezer, it will stay good for two months. Ensure to keep it in an airtight container.
More Easy Recipes
Live making vegan recipes? Check these out:Print
120g Vegan butter
50g Brown sugar
50g Castor sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
2 tbsp Soy milk
60g Vegan dark chocolate chips
110g Heat-treated all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 200C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Spread 110g of flour in a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven at 200C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan) for 5 minutes. The flour will get a little brownish.
- In a bowl, cream butter and both sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Now, add soy milk and vanilla essence and mix properly until the sugar dissolves.
- Add heat-treated all-purpose flour by sieving it, as there might be lumps from heat-treating it.
- Lastly, fold in the vegan dark chocolate chips.
Your vegan edible cookie dough is ready! So easy and quick that was. Try it soon
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 to 6 minutes