Let me introduce you to the most decadent biscuit cake ever! It’s a No-bake chocolate and Nutella cake with all-time favourite digestive biscuits inside!! How tempting does it sound?! Trust me, it’s damn delicious!!
Wouldn’t it be great if all your favourite things were combined in one dessert? I will be overly excited to try it out. This no-bake cold-set chocolate cake is one of those desserts that I can make and eat any day, no matter what time it is.
Decadent Belgian dark chocolate ganache mixed with finger-licking good Nutella and all this has the crunch of yummy digestive biscuits-This dessert deserves a place on every Baker’s menu! The taste and texture are both heavenly. If I could, I would gobble up the entire dessert!!
One of the best things about a no-bake dessert is that you don’t have to overlook it every now and then. Simply prepare the dessert and set it in the refrigerator for a few hours. This dessert also requires you to make the cake batter, which hardly takes 10 minutes, and then you can set it in the mould for 3-4 hours.
You can always prepare the dessert the night before and leave it to set the whole night when you have guests coming over the next day.
No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake Video Tutorial
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
- Delicious: Trust me when I say you would not have tasted something so delicious before. The luscious ganache with Nutella and crunchy digestive biscuits makes for the best no-bake chocolate cake till now!
- Easy And Quick: Sometimes, I love making easy and simple recipes that do not take much of your time and effort. Yet they taste so amazing. This dessert may appear like you must have done so many things to prepare it, but it hardly takes 10 minutes to make the batter.
- Less Ingredients: All you need is five ingredients to make something so delicious. Fresh cream, digestive biscuits, dark chocolate, Nutella and butter-all these five ingredients are easily available in a regular kitchen. You won’t have to rush to a supermarket to make this dessert.
Important Ingredients Used In The Recipe
- Digestive Biscuit: The digestive biscuits are cut into medium-sized pieces and added to the cake batter. They provide a crunch when you consume the cake. So use a good brand cookie. You can even use your homemade digestive cookies for this.
- Dark Chocolate: I have used 46.5% dark Belgian chocolate for the recipe. If you want, you can use compound chocolate as well; however, the taste will change as chocolate is one key ingredient.
- Fresh Cream: Cream provides a great richness and density to the dessert. Use a cream that has 25-30% fat so that you get the best taste in f this dessert.
- Nutella: Nutella helps to provide a nice hazelnut flavour to the ganache it is added in. I would recommend using Nutella only instead of using any other hazelnut spread.
How To Make No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Preparation: Collect and weigh the five ingredients correctly using a digital weighing scale to make the biscuit cake. Prepare a 6-inch round ring by cling-wrapping it from one end.
Chop Biscuits: Take the digestive biscuits and roughly chop them into medium-sized pieces. Keep them aside for later use.
Make Ganache: In two separate bowls, melt dark chocolate and warm fresh cream. Add warm cream to melted chocolate and mix well. Make sure the entire chocolate gets combined with the cream to make a smooth ganache. Transfer 1/3rd ganache to a separate bowl and keep aside.
Add Nutella and Butter: Next, add Nutella and butter to the remaining 2/3rd ganache mixture and combine thoroughly.
Add Chopped Biscuits: Finally, fold the chopped digestive cookies into the batter and mix.
Freeze: Transfer the mixture into a lined 6-inch round ring and spread it evenly. Keep it in the freezer to set for at least 3-4 hours.
De-mould: Once set, remove the ring by carefully heating the sides of the ring. Heat will help de-mould the cake. Place the cake on a cake board.
Garnish: Decorate the cake by spreading the 1/3rd ganache using an offset palette knife. Garnish the top with some chocolate curls and chopped hazelnuts.
Chef’s Tips For The Recipe
Make Smooth Batter
The ganache should be as smooth and luscious as possible. Since this is a no-bake cake, the batter must not have any leftover product like butter lump or unmixed Nutella.
Set The Cake Immediately
Once the batter is ready, quickly transfer it into the mould and keep it for setting. Leaving the biscuits in the batter for too long without setting will make them soggy.
How To Store No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Store the cake in an airtight box in the refrigerator and consume it within three days.
If stored in the freezer, you can consume it within a month.
Do not keep the cake at room temperature, as the cake will melt.
More Easy Recipes
If you are looking for more amazing no-bake desserts, then try these recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may use milk chocolate; however, you will have to use more chocolate as given in the recipe. Dark chocolate has better stability than milk chocolate, which is why the ganache is thicker when made using dark chocolate. You may use 250g of milk chocolate instead of 200g.
Yes, you can add more digestive biscuits as per your requirement. Do not add too much, which can take away the smoothness of the ganache.
If you want to present the dessert as cake, then use a ring only; it could be round or square. However, if you want to offer it as a single-serve dessert, then you may set it in a shot glass or other small bowls for individual servings.
- 7 – 8 pc. Digestive biscuits
- 200 g Chopped dark chocolate
- 50 g Fresh cream
- 40 g Butter
- 60 g Nutella
- Prepare a 6-inch round ring by cling-wrapping it from one side.
- Chop the biscuits into medium size pieces and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt chocolate and warm fresh cream.
- Add the warm cream to the melted chocolate to form a ganache.
- Transfer 1/3 or a little bit of ganache to a different bowl.
- Now add the Nutella and butter to the 2/3 ganache and combine well.
- Fold in the chopped biscuits in the ganache.
- Pour the mixture into a lined round ring.
- Let it set in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Once set, heat the sides with a heat gun so that it comes out easily.
- Now spread 1/3 rd of the ganache on top of the cake with a palette knife.
- Now, garnish the cake with some chocolate curls and chopped hazelnuts.
- Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Freeze Time: 3 to 4 hours