There are days when I’d like to bake something savory, taking a break from the sweet tooth. And bread are my favorite products to bake! Making bread dishes can initially seem intimidating, but once you get the hang of it, I’m sure you won’t stop at one!
Everyone loves cheese, duh! So, for today’s recipe, I will make delicious buttery and cheesy Mozzarella Buns.
Cheesy Mozzarella Buns Video Tutorial
What type of bread is a Mozzarella Bun?
Yummy soft buns filled with mozzarella cheese and topped with herb butter! They sound so warm and wholesome! How can we not love it?
The cheese just oozes out from the freshly baked buns, and the herb butter gives the perfect taste of garlic and herbs!
All-purpose flour– using all-purpose flour for breads is the best option. Although you get bread flour too, but being expensive, the next best ingredient you can use is flour. It’s versatile, with the right amount of gluten to make excellent loaves of bread.
Sugar– flour has some natural sweetness, and sometimes you don’t need extra sugar in bread making. However, for the crust to have a brown colour, to add sweetness and for the Yeast to activate appropriately, sugar is added.
Salt-salt not only provides flavour but also helps in neutralizing or controlling yeast reaction from getting too much for the bread. So it makes the gluten network firm and hence holds the carbon dioxide inside the dough.
Instant yeast-instant Yeast is preferred over other types of yeasts as it has more concentrated bacteria and a better shelf life. The Yeast eats sugar and reacts to provide carbon dioxide, making the bread rise.
Milk– breads made with milk definitely have a better, softer and rich taste as compared to breads made with water.
Improver and gluten– To improve the quality of the breads, bread improver and gluten is used. They enhance the overall taste and texture of the breads.
Mozzarella cheese-the star ingredient of the buns we will be making is mozzarella cheese. We will use 20g of cheese cubes in each bun for that soft cheese centre.
Garlic Powder, Chili Flakes, Sesame Seeds, Coriander leaves– these herbs and spices helps enhance the flavour of the buns which compliments well with mozzarella cheese.
Lets not wait anymore and check out this amazing recipe.Print
Cheesy Mozzarella Buns
Yummy soft buns filled with mozzarella chess cubes and topped with herb butter! They sound so warm and wholesome.
- Total Time: 75-80 minutes
- Yield: 5 buns 1x
For Mozzarella Bun:
- 150 g All-purpose Flour
- 9 g Castor Sugar
- 2 g Salt
- 4 g Instant Yeast
- 7 g Butter
- 96 ml Milk
- 2 g Improver
- 2 g Gluten
- 100 g Mozzarella cheese
For Herb Butter:
- 30 g Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- Coriander leaves accordingly
Method for buns:
- In a stand mixer, sieve all the dry ingredients, ie. Flour, sugar, salt, Yeast, gluten and improver. Give this a stir.
- Now, add milk to this mixture and make a dough.
- Add room-temperature butter and continue kneading.
- Once kneaded, check the dough for the window-pane test.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl and brush oil on the dough as well. Cover the bowl with cling wrap. Let the dough sit for 20-25 minutes until it proves or gets doubled in size.
- Now, de-gas the dough and divide it into five equal parts using a digital weighing scale. Make balls of each portion.
- Roll each part in circular form and put 20g mozzarella cheese into the balls. Seal them properly.
- Grease the bread tin with oil.
- Now, place the cheese-filled balls one by one into the bread tin and cling-wrap it.
- Let it rest for 20- 25 minutes to rise.
- After proofing, brush the herb butter over the buns.
- Bake them at 200C ( otg mode: upper rod + Lower rod + fan) for 20 minutes.
Method for herb butter:
- Melt butter and add the rest of the ingredients to the butter, and mix.
- Knead the dough well. Good kneading is crucial to getting soft bread as it helps develop the gluten network.
- Do not leave the dough to rest for too long. Over proofing will result in a sour taste and lousy texture of the buns.
- Make sure to use room-temperature ingredients.
- You can brush the baked buns again with herb butter for that extra flavour.
- Demould the bread only when it cools down completely.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Proofing time: 40-45 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes