- 225 g All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 225 g Castor sugar
- 225 g Eggs
- 225 g Salted butter
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla essence
For Strawberry Jam:
- 150 g Fresh strawberries
- 125 g Castor sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 200 g Non-dairy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 200 g Strawberry jam
- Fresh strawberries (sliced)
- Fresh strawberries cut in halves
- Fresh blueberries
- Neutral glaze
- Preheat the oven at 180c (otg mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Grease and line 3 round 6-inch tins with butter paper.
- In a bowl, beat butter till it is pale and fluffy.
- Add Castor sugar and cream until the butter becomes airier.
- Now add in the eggs gradually along with vanilla and beat again
- Lastly, fold the sifted flour and baking powder into the mixture in three batches. Mix well.
- Divide the batter equally into three tins.
- Bake at 180C (otg mode: lower rod only) for 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
For Whipped Cream:
- In a mixing bowl, take cold non-dairy whipping cream and add vanilla bean paste to it.
- Start beating and continue till you get soft peaks. This could take 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the cream to a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle.
For Strawberry Jam
- Cut each strawberry into 4 parts.
- In a heavy bottom pan, put the Chopped strawberries along with castor sugar.
- Add cream of tartar and lemon zest.
- Turn on the heat and the let the sugar melt.
- Once sugar is dissolved, use a hand blender to make the mixture into a puree.
- Keep cooking for 5-7 minutes while stirring regularly.
- Once the jam gets thick, test the doneness using back of the spoon. If the jam covers/sticks to the back and does not drop then the jam is done.
- Transfer the jam into a piping bag once it cools down.
- Demould the sponges and cut the dome from all three using a serrated knife.
- Now place one sponge on a turn table and pipe some whipped cream at the centre.
- Now add some strawberry jam over the cream.
- Pipe blobs of cream all over the edges and then place sliced strawberries on them.
- Put the second sponge layer and repeat the same method of layering.
- Place the third layer and pipe the blobs of cream on the edges and some cream in the middle.
- Decorate the top with slices of strawberries and fresh blueberries.
- To give the strawberries a shine, brush some diluted neutral glaze on them using a pastry brush.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes