FOR CAKE BATTER
- 275g All-Purpose Flour
- 200g Castor Sugar
- 1.5g Baking soda
- 8g Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 115g Unsalted butter
- 240ml Milk
- 12ml Apple cider vinegar
- 30g Curd
- 5ml Vanilla essence
- 60g Oreos (crushed)
FOR OREO BUTTERCREAM
- 425g Unsalted butter
- 150ml Milk
- 185g Icing sugar (sifted)
- 12 no. Oreos
FOR SOAKING SYRUP
- 100 ml Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 50g Dark couverture
- 50g Fresh cream
- 50g Chocolate vermicelli
- 6 no. Oreos (crushed)
For Cake Batter:
- Preheat the oven at 180C (OTG mode : upper rod + lower rod + fan). Grease and line two 6-inch round tins.
- In a bowl, mix milk and apple cider vinegar. Keep aside.
- In a new bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Now add curd and vanilla essence and mix.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Now add dry ingredients and milk alternatively into the creamed butter mix (start and end with dry ingredients) and form a smooth batter.
- Lastly, fold in crushed Oreos.
- Now divide the batter equally between the tins and bake at 180C (OTG mode: lower rod only) for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- In a bowl, beat unsalted butter until it turns pale and fluffy.
- In a new bowl, mix milk and icing sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add milk and icing sugar mixture to the creamed butter gradually while beating.
- Grind oreos in a mixer and then add them to the buttercream. Give everything a quick mix.
For the soaking syrup:
- In a bowl, mix water and vanilla essence. Keep aside for further use.
- Melt dark coverture and warm the cream.
- Mix the two until a smooth ganache forms.
- Cut each sponge into two equal layers using a metal cake leveler. You will have four sponge layers.
- Prepare a simple soaking syrup by mixing 100ml of water with 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Place the cake board on a turn table and put buttercream in the center.
- Place the first sponge layer on the board. Now soak it well with soaking syrup.
- Pipe the oreo buttercream on the sponge and spread evenly using a palette knife. Now add some crushed Oreos. Place the second sponge layer and repeat the same above steps for layering.
- Place the cake in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, take out the cake and frost the cake with a final coat of buttercream. Use a palette knife and metal Scraper for a smooth finish. Freeze the cake again for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer leftover buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a 1M nozzle. Spread the ganache on top and the sides for a drip effect. Decorate the top edge by piping ruffled blobs.
- Place chocolate balls and chocolate vermicelli on the blobs to complete the look.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Assembly Time: 40 to 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes