Chocolate and strawberry are one of the most loved pairings. I love to pair dark chocolate and tangy strawberries as a baker.
Today, I bring you a unique and elegant chocolate bar flavoured with fresh strawberries.
The bars have a biscuit base made with oats flour and hazelnut flour. It has a unique flavour of Nutella combined with coconut oil. The base is then layered with strawberry-flavoured dark chocolate ganache.
Sounds tempting, no?
Taste and Texture of the Recipe
The base of the chocolate bar is crumbly due to the multiple types of flour used. Since it has all-purpose flour, oats flour and hazelnut flour, it makes for less gluten level and a more crumbly biscuit. Along with nutty flavour, it contains Nutella and coconut oil, enhancing the overall tasting experience.
The ganache is silky and smooth, made using dark couverture chocolate and fresh cream in a 2:1 ratio and has fresh strawberries for the flavour.
Chocolate Strawberry Bar Recipe Video Tutorial
Chocolate Strawberry Bar Key Ingredients
Oats flour– oats flour is a gluten-free flour. It adds a crumbly texture to the base and a unique flavour as well.
Hazelnut flour-this one is again a gluten-free flour. Using these flours helps in reducing the overall gluten level in the dough. When the gluten level is low, the gluten network (which is responsible for chewy texture) is down. Hence this makes the baseless chewy and crumbly.
Coconut oil-unlike regular fat butter, I have used coconut oil in this recipe. This oil will help add coconut flavour and the fat needed for it to be crumbly. Also, it makes for a vegan option.
Nutella and cocoa powder-adding chocolate and hazelnut flavour in the best form is by using Nutella and natural cocoa powder.
Fresh strawberries – what better way to add strawberry flavour than using fresh strawberries?! Skipping the strawberry essence, it’s best to incorporate fresh strawberries whenever in season.
Other Recipes You’ll love!
The chocolate bar has a biscuit base made with oats flour and hazelnut flour. It has a unique flavour of Nutella combined with coconut oil. The base is then layered with strawberry-flavoured dark chocolate ganache.
- 15 g All-purpose flour
- 75 g Oats flour
- 75 g Hazelnut flour
- 25 g Coconut oil
- 85 g Nutella
- 17 g Natural cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
For Chocolate Strawberry Ganache
- 250 g Dark couverture
- 125 g Fresh cream
- 125 g Strawberries
- 50 g Melted Dark Chocolate
- 9 Pcs. Half-sliced Strawberries
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Digital Weighing Scale
- Bowls and spoons
- 6 inch square ring
- Cling wrap
- Butter paper
- Baking tray
- Piping bags
- Heat gun
Method for base
- Preheat the oven at 180C ( otg mode: Upper rod+lower rod+ fan ). Take a 6-inch square ring and double cling wrap it from the bottom. Grease the bottom and sides of the ring with oil and then put butter paper into the bottom of the ring.
- In a bowl, take cocoa powder, hazelnut flour, oats flour, all-purpose flour, and salt and sieve it.
- Now, Mix Nutella and coconut oil together in a different bowl. Add this to the dry ingredients.
- Combine this well to form a dough.
- Now, transfer the dough mixture into the ring and bake it for 10 – 15 mins at 180C (otg mode: upper rod+ Lower rod + fan.
- Once baked, remove the ring from the oven and let it cool down for a few minutes. Now, refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
Method for Ganache
- Chop the dark couverture chocolate and melt it in the microwave.
- Warm the fresh cream and mix it with the melted chocolate.
- Lastly, add chopped strawberries to it. Mix everything well.
- Spread the chocolate strawberry ganache on top of the cooled base.
- Refrigerate this overnight or freeze it for 30-40 minutes until the ganache sets.
- Once set, de-mould the dessert and cut the bar into nine equal portions. Decorate each with half-sliced strawberries and drizzle some melted chocolate.
Spread the dough into the ring nicely and evenly. This will ensure it doesn’t have an uneven surface or bottom.
You can use Dutch cocoa powder instead of natural cocoa powder if you want a more intense chocolate flavour.
You can replace couverture chocolate with compound chocolate in the same quantity.
In case fresh strawberries are not available, you can use frozen strawberries.
Use a warm knife to cut even pieces with sharp edges.
Refrigerate the chocolate bar when not consuming.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Bakery
Keywords: Chocolate, strawberry, chocolate bars, chocolate strawberry ganache, chocolate bars dessert
Q1. What other fruit can I add to the ganache?
Ans. You can use any berry or fruit that goes well with chocolate. for e.g. blueberries, raspberries, and mangoes.
Q2. What is the shelf-life of the chocolate strawberry bar?
Ans. It can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Q3. Can I replace hazelnut flour with almond flour?
Ans. Yes, if you want to use almond flour in the base recipe, you can do so using the same quantity.