In my baking career, I have usually seen a number of people asking me about recipes which are quick and easy. So I decided why not write about one. Here I am with my go-to cupcake (vanilla) recipe which is quite dense like a sponge cake, is moist, filled with a good vanilla flavor and you can even keep them for a few days.
You might serve plain vanilla or you can complement it with whipped cream or vanilla buttercream. So here’s presenting my simple and rich vanilla cupcake recipe to you.
P.S: I always prefer this vanilla cupcake over chocolate or any other flavor. They are the best.
What you’ll need for the recipe
- 1 large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring bowls
- 1 medium bowl
Ingredients you’ll need
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup canola oil (you can even go for vegetable or extra little olive oil)
- ½ cup buttermilk
How to Prepare the Cupcakes
- Starting with the most crucial step you first need to preheat your oven at 350ᵒ F or 180ᵒ C. Then use cupcake liners for the lining of your cupcake/muffin pans.
- Take your medium-sized bowl and add baking powder, baking soda, flour, and salt into it. Whisk all the ingredients together and keep the mixture aside.
- Now, use your large bowl and with the help of the whisk, beat the eggs.
- Add sugar to it and keep on mixing. Then add vanilla and oil and start mixing again.
- Once you are done with mixing, slowly add your flour mixture you have kept aside and half of the buttermilk. Then add rest of the mixture and the buttermilk as well. You need to beat it until you get a smooth and combined mixture.
Make sure you side-by-side scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and remember your batter should be thin.
- Take your lined muffin tin out and pour down the batter into it. You need to fill it around ¾ full.
- Bake them for about 12-14 minutes and the temperature should be 350ᵒF or 180ᵒ C.
- Allow them to cool down in the pan for a few minutes and then take them out.
- Once your cupcakes come to the room temperature, use icing.
What you’ll need for the Butter Icing Recipe
- One medium-sized bowl (microwavable)
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tablespoons hot water
- A few drops of food coloring, if you want
How to prepare the Icing
- Use your medium-sized bowl in order to measure the butter in. Then microwave it to make it soft.
- Once you are ready with your soft butter, add the icing sugar, hot water, and vanilla extract into it. Mix all the ingredients together.
- After mixing is done add the food coloring. Make sure you are left with a thick and smooth mixture.
- Apply the icing on your cupcakes and if you want, use sprinklers or anything to decorate your cupcakes.