For Cake Batter:
- 142g All-Purpose Flour
- ½ + ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ + 1/8 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ + 1/8 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp + pinch Nutmeg powder
- 30g Caster sugar
- 60g Brown sugar
- 45g Vegetable oil
- ¼ + 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 + half Apples (chopped and without peel)
- ½ + ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
- 90ml Buttermilk (90ml milk + 1/2 + 1/4tsp apple cider vinegar)
For Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 70g Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 20ml Icing Sugar
Method For Cake Batter:
- Preheat your oven to 180C (OTG mode: upper rod + lower rod + fan). Grease a bread tin with very little oil and place butter paper at the bottom.
- Mix milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl to make buttermilk, and keep it aside.
- Mix oil, brown sugar, and caster sugar in a new bowl.
- Now, add the buttermilk to the sugar-oil mixture and stir it.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients, which are all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, and salt, directly into the mixture, giving it a good mix. Add vanilla essence to the batter.
- Now, fold in the chopped apples and combine them to get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake it at 180C (OTG mode lower rod only) for 25-30 minutes, or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Method For Cream Cheese Glaze:
- In a bowl, soften cream cheese using a spatula.
- Add sifted icing sugar and cinnamon powder. Mix them in.
- Finally, add milk and combine well to make a smooth glaze.
- Transfer it to a piping bag.
Drizzle the cream cheese cinnamon glaze over the cooled apple loaf and dust some cinnamon powder on top.