Decadent, gooey, and full of Chocolate Orange flavour, these Brownies will be a big hit with everyone!
These brownies have been a long time in the making. Your favourite recipe of 2018 was my Cookie Dough Brownies, so they just had to be on the menu for January too! You can never have too much of a good thing, especially when it comes to your favourite bakes.
Another favourite recipe last year was my Chocolate Orange Marshmallow Crispy Bars, which I baked for a Macmillan Coffee Morning and were the first bake to sell out!
These Chocolate Orange Brownies are the perfect fusion of gooey, fudgey brownies with a little bit of cake so they aren’t too intense with all of the chocolate orange flavours!
- 180g butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 60g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp orange essence or zest of one orange
- 1 Terry’s chocolate orange, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 30g cocoa powder
- 100g self raising flour
- 50g white chocolate, for drizzling
- Zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180’C and line a brownies tin, mine is about 20cm square.
2. Cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Then mix in the orange essence and chopped chocolate orange pieces. I left them in about 1cm chunks to get maximum indulgence from the giant gooey chocolate chips they make.
3. Beat in your eggs, then fold in the flour and cocoa powder. If your mixture began to curdle when you added the eggs, a little bit of the flour should bring it back to a smooth batter again.
4. Spoon into your tin, level the surface and bake for 20-25 minutes until the Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies no longer wobble and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
5. Let the brownies cool before piping on melted white chocolate and grating some orange zest over the top for a moreish splash of colour!
6. Serve warm, as they are or with some of my refreshing No-Churn Three Ingredient Orange Ice Cream or a dollop of clotted cream for the ultimate indulgence